Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:13 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,725,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Bent View Post
AS you go lower -- you get even less snow and cold, but it also gets hotter in the summer -- the lower, the hotter -- a dry heat but still hot with a fierce sun compared that anemic thing you see in Wisconsin. Some people don't mind the heat at all -- others do. It is a personal thing and you should check it out for yourself.
Right on Devin...you summed it up quite well.

Here in Milwaukee, WI (an hour's from Madison and Chicago IL) - my first summer back up here - we've yet to reach one day with an official high of 90 degrees. Sure, it can be humid some days, but the sun is very soft compared to NM's...and the heat much less than the "lower" communities such as ABQ, Las Cruces, etc.

Albuquerque (5000 feet) averages 7 to 11 inches of snowfall annually. Milwaukee averages around 50. Huge frigging difference...and as Devin points out, the snow melts incredibly faster in most of NM (especially areas at or lower than 6000 feet).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,350 times
Default Thank You All

I want to thank everyone for the help. I have a lot of great places to check into. We really appreciate everyone's help.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,927,170 times
of course a lot depends on what you consider affordable housing? I don't think you husband will have much trouble finding employment, especially if you stay near the metro area of Albuquerque. Las Crusas is one of the fastest growing places in the southwest, but property will be higher than some areas.

You mention crime, I am sure you realize anytime you are looking at a larger city or within a range of the same you will find some crime, drugs, etc.

We recently moved from New Mexico after living there 7 years. We were just east of Belin which is 40 miles south of Albuquerque. Property is a little less expensive than further north. Climate wise, it can't be beat. Just enough snow to feel nice and wintery, but certainly nothing like the north. In fact there are lots of people from Wi and Mn in the Belen, Los Lunas area. Las Lunas is growing very fast compared to Belen. Another popular area, but much more crowded is Rio Rancho.

Now, between all of us and more to come you have some ideas I hope.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico