Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 05:41 PM

775 posts, read 2,588,356 times

Advertisements

Times are getting Tough and i just found out you can have your utilities turned off and it could cost hundreds to reconnect. Utility companies are finding out that they can SHUT you off and you will pay big Bucks to Reconnect to keep from losing all your food and the Inconvenience it Causes. They are using the Excuse that they are losing money and people dont pay but the Truth is that they can get back a half a year or a year of money off you if they disconnect before you send them the payment. You can be Disconnected for as little as 8 dollar that you owe them if you dont pay every month. >>>>> The Gas company use to be someone you trusted years ago not anymore they can put whatever gas they want in your tank since no one checks or cant understand their Gauge no one knows except them what they put in. The Banks and Insurance companies and car Companies and Credit Card Companies were Ripping us off left and Right for years and the company CEOs were getting Millions in Bonuses every year to Rip us Off. Now they want us to Bail them Out so they can Continue Scrwing Us. P.S. the Utility Companies are jumping on the Bandwagon now that they know we are Gluttons for Punishment. el pintada kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 05:45 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,290,269 times
Piñata Kid,

If you are having trouble with your utility company you should complain to the:
http://www.nmprc.state.nm.us/complaintforms.htm

Old 10-03-2008, 08:47 AM

Default Thanks yb

Thanks for that info yb anymore these Utility companies and insurance companies and Credit Card companies and Auto companies are finding all kinds of ways to take advantage of people. The Managers the more money they can Squeeze or Steal from the Customer the bigger the Bonus for him or her. Our Post office takes forever to deliver mail today and if the Government doesnt step in to stop the Big Companies from Scrwing us I predict lots of People are gonna Freeze or Starve this winter and lose their Homes.>>>> We are getting into a Dog Eat Dog type of Living anymore with food prices and everything Doubling in price and the Government is Bailing out the Wealthy and trying to Scare us into rushing to help these Huge companies. >>>>> It Reminds me of the IRAQ war that was Started with Lies to get the people to agree that it was right while the Little People Pay. Our Country Needs New Leadership and we should Hold the People Accountable who are Destroying our Nation and Lining their Pockets. el pintada kid

Old 10-03-2008, 09:35 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Pay your bills on line. You're not dependent on the post office, and you don't have to pay postage.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Most cities even have a bill pay place where you can also pay all your bills if you dont have internet.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Figure some way of owing less in the first place.

I agree with the Pintada Kid's rant. The major companies are abusing their power to make more money for their managers.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 AM

Default Utility Companies

What is Happening is Utility companies are wanting to upgrade and cant do it fast enough so they find ways to take advantage of the People and make more money. The Credit Card and insurance companies and banks auto companies have Tricks of their Own that they use to Fleece more money out of the People and today in these Sad times that Bush and The Greedy Old Parasites have put us in we Better Start Counting our Pennies to Survive. >>>>>> We should not expect any of the Bailout Money to Trickle Down for almost two decades now everything has been Trickling up and the Rich have been Getting Richer and the Poor have been getting poorer. KID TIP.... Billionaires are becoming very Common... You can only Amass so much of the Worlds Wealth and Land and then when they have it all they start taking every Penny the Poor Have. el pintada kid

Old 10-06-2008, 10:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Maybe get a generator to have when the power goes out for whatever reason -- but I think people have to brace themselves -- I think we're headed for harder times. Harder for some than for others.

At least in NM, people aren't going to freeze to death. A good sleeping bag or blankets will keep that from happening.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:16 AM

212 posts, read 689,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
At least in NM, people aren't going to freeze to death. A good sleeping bag or blankets will keep that from happening.
Ooh, not for those of us who live north of Burque. If I could survive a Las Vegas winter with only a sleeping bag and blankets, believe me, I would much rather go that route than dish out half my life savings to keep my tiny place heated. But alas.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM

Default Keeping from Freezing

A good sleeping Bag can protect you to 20 below or colder but if you cant afford gas for heating you probably cant afford it for eating either and when people are that Broke they are probably on the Brink of becoming homeless. I wonder if these executives that were getting 100s of Millions in Bonuses on top of their Millions in Salary have to worry about that? el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico