Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 09:41 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,313 times

Advertisements

I love cooking at home too, but there are a few, particularly one dish that I make pretty good at home, but there is this little Italian mom and pop place in north Tempe that makes the best chicken Marsala I have every had. I want to put some of the sauce in a little bottle and have it analyzed by a chemist for content and percentages of each ingredient. They won't give me their recipe. After 20 years I am getting pretty close though.

Other than that I like to experiment cooking new things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 11:28 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,313 times
I also need pizza. I make a decent one, but we have two places in town one deep dish and one thin crust that I need to have one or the other at least 2-3 times per month. Mmmm pizza!!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:22 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,079,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
We went to La Hacienda a couple of weeks ago and it was so unedible, I almost puked.
Charlie didn't like his slop either.
I haven't been able to find someone that knows how to make a burrito.
If I order a bean burrito, they give me bland tasting refried beans. A good bean burrito consists of tasty refried and whole beans.
If I order a beef or chicken burrito, the meat is way overcooked and dry.
One day I'm going to ask if I can come back to the kitchen and show them the proper way to make a burrito.
There's a place in Taos that I can't remember the name of. It's a hole in the wall type place but they have good burritos.

La Hacienda is my favorite Mexican restaurant! They have excellent burritos. they make them just perfect! People are always flooding the place so it is always busy.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:17 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,372,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
La Hacienda is my favorite Mexican restaurant! They have excellent burritos. they make them just perfect! People are always flooding the place so it is always busy.
Hmmm. I have never been to this La Hacienda, but I suspect its like Margarita's back in Maine. Wannabe mexican food to fool those who have never had the real deal.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:19 AM

496 posts, read 1,056,430 times
We need A joke thread on here Everybody needs to laugh sometime

Old 06-03-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Hmmm. I have never been to this La Hacienda, but I suspect its like Margarita's back in Maine. Wannabe mexican food to fool those who have never had the real deal.

It's not wannabe Mexican food I can tell you that. Some of my mom's Mexican friends( who can prove that they are legit and from Mexico) have made dishes for us that practicly tasted the exact same way. So I dont think its fake. Or atleast I hope it isn't

Don't you guys have You know your from New Mexico..........Joke thread? I love that one!

You guys should check out You know your from a small town when........

On the Rural and Small town living board. I promise you wont regret it!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,372,083 times
Aha, but I am not from NM. I just live here. But I like living here much better than back east.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:53 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,359,288 times
Hi everyone.
Been gone all day to Las Cruces. Bought a flambuoyant colored dress a size too small so that along with a pair of jeans is incentive to drop the pounds or inches or whatever.
We went through bordor control on the way home and I turned to Charlie and asked if the jeans I had on made me look Mexican and he said no so I knew we were safe to get past them and get back home. They didn't mistake either one of us.
I think it's time for me to go to bed.
Goodnight New Mexico and Indiana and any other people in other states other than above.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:58 PM

Song hope that incentive pays off!

Why did you have to go through Border Control? Las Cruces is in New Mexico.

Or did you hop across the border for something?

Sounds like you had fun!

Good Night to you also!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:14 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,359,288 times
I guess since it's so close to Mexico, they set it up to catch the bad guys coming in.

I remember years ago, I was in Niagara Falls, NY and Canada and walking over to the Canadian side, the guy stopped me and asked for my ID that I had forgotton and left in the car.
He told me I could go back and get it and that it would be wise, otherwise they might not let me back into the states. I kind of joked around and asked him if I looked Chinese. He started laughing a little. I looked at my husband at the time (now late husband) and he didn't want to take the chance so we went back to the car. We joked around for years after that incident about someone possibly may think I'm not from the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico