Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,871,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
100% of the ads I see regarding the census talks about $funding$.
Get your cut. -- Make sure the $money$ comes here.

The census is also about representation. For all those people in
the sticks who hate the government and refuse to fill out the
forms, it's ironic that somewhere, some time, the chance to get
a new, like-minded representative in Congress might get missed.

Ironic, it is.
Well, the short form is not that bad (from what I've seen online at their site), but the long form (American Community Survey) that will still be sent to very limited households is nothing short of absolutely intrusive!

Even one of the questions on the short form--whether you own your home--and whether or not it has a mortgage--is really none of the government's damn business.

Especially THIS government!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 01:47 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,724,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Well, the short form is not that bad (from what I've seen online at their site), but the long form (American Community Survey) that will still be sent to very limited households is nothing short of absolutely intrusive!

Even one of the questions on the short form--whether you own your home--and whether or not it has a mortgage--is really none of the government's damn business.

You should save that for the politics forum.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:26 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,851 times
Quote:

Thanks for the 411.
I guess I won't be receiving anything since I claim to be homeless. (trailer trash) at least I have a place to park it.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:14 PM

Very funny, Hombre57.....

Old 04-14-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Very funny, Hombre57.....
really.
Going from a 1500 sq. ft. home to a less than 80 sq. ft. box on wheels was ironic. I'm just trying to make the best of it.
I think everyone should be required to have one life threatening illness so they can talk about how well the system works to take care of people who don't have insurance. It's a good thing I served in the armed forces and came out w/healthcare benefits.
In a way, I can laugh at myself of living the way I never thought I would, and dodging the census taker at the same time.
Are people who live like I do, (trailer trash) supposed to get drunk and argue with their spouse all the time? I'm missing that part.
I have one thing to say to the census taker, bring it on! if you can find me!

Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 PM

You're really serious, aren't you?

Old 04-15-2010, 06:14 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,276,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Thanks for the 411.
I guess I won't be receiving anything since I claim to be homeless. (trailer trash) at least I have a place to park it.
There's actually a very large program specifically dealing with people like you. They want very much to count you and you local government should have provided a list of areas where homeless or the mobile live.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,454 times
Quote:

The government already knows way more about us than we would like to think. I see no reason not to complete the census form unless one is hiding something.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
The government already knows way more about us than we would like to think. I see no reason not to complete the census form unless one is hiding something.
I know, LOL!! I don't have much of a problem with the standard 10 questions, but have you seen what they ask on the American Community Survey?

About the ACS: Survey Questionnaire

Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
You're really serious, aren't you?
It's quite ironic, my situation that is. The sheriff knows me as a "head hunter", I find people, the city of T or C knows me too, so why doesn't the gov. send me a census form? I can't be that dog gone incognito.
The IRS has my physical and mailing addy, go figure... I didn't know the feds were that dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico