Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 05:31 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,042,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
desert sun: I like Ft Worth, but I'd much rather live where the climate is less humid. I'm considering eventually moving to Socorro or Alamogordo. But it won't be any time soon. Burleson isn't bad, although it's growing like a weed.

yeah it seems that the whole Dallas metro area is growing like a weed, its amazing, if it were up to me I would pick somewhere further away, maybe in the Deep South, but Fort Worth seems to be the perfect fit for Texas, I do miss the plains, and I do need some green in my life, humidity would be good too, I know people hate it, but I think it actually feels good, makes my skin feel refreshed.

good luck on your future move to Socorro, I think if I ever get tired of TX and really miss NM then Las Cruces or Eastern NM would be my choice.

btw, I saw the new plate on a old green vehicle and it looks ugly, but I saw the new plate on a white car and it looked awesome, I think it really depends on the color of your vehicle with this new license plate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 11:15 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,217,868 times
You probably won't care for the humidity in August, but how would I know? Maybe you will! Anyway, good luck with your move. Fort Worth is my favorite big city in Texas. One of the best things about it is that one can get out of the DFW sprawl fairly quickly by going west from it.

I agree with your comments concerning the turquoise license plate. Its attractiveness would certainly depend on whether it goes with a vehicle's color or not.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:29 PM

108 posts, read 265,039 times
I really like the new plate. Caught my eye on the freeway last week and now I see them everywhere! Think it's kind of funny that it's already out though. What about 2012? I like the old yellow one with the red zia too. But the balloon one--nah. Looks dusty from the getgo.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 PM

I got my new turquoise plate, it is even better up close, it is very nice, im happy

Old 03-02-2010, 08:28 AM

9,380 posts, read 20,842,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I got my new turquoise plate, it is even better up close, it is very nice, im happy
Is there a separate fee for acquisition of these plates, or did DMV replace the balloon plate outright, thus, replacing it with new turquoise plate, which would make it free?

Old 03-02-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Is there a separate fee for acquisition of these plates, or did DMV replace the balloon plate outright, thus, replacing it with new turquoise plate, which would make it free?

well the plate I had was the balloon plate, it was already 10 years old and the film was peeling and the numbers were fading, it looked like crap, so I decided to get the new one, besides waiting for over an hour and dealing with poor customer service from the DMV, all I had to do was pay $17 dollars and I got my new plate in a matter of minutes. It was an easy process, that would be nice though if they would have just switched it out for free.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:08 PM

4,887 posts, read 4,828,714 times
We were to get the turquoise plates, until we saw a number of them on the road and didn't like them. So, I'm sticking with my balloon plate and mrsjim is sticking with the old favorite. BTW, I got a balloon plate shortly it came out, and it still looks like new after 11 years.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:54 PM

4 posts, read 5,076 times
I am still undecided. I want to like it but...

Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,446,632 times
I called an MVD express office a couple of days ago about switching to the new plate, and was told they're going like hotcakes and ran out. They were expecting more but you should call ahead to make sure they have them if you want to switch out your old plate. I think turquoise and my silver vehicle would be a perfect match. Was never pleased with the yellow balloon plate.

Interesting the new centennial plate doesn't say "USA".

Old 03-28-2010, 11:20 AM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,100,132 times
I like the balloon plate. I'm not a fan of the turquoise plate. however, I'll probably buy the special Lobo plate, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico