Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:04 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,043,934 times

Advertisements

We have a bit of everything here in Santa Fe today -- sun, then clouds, then sleet, then snow, then the sun comes out again.

Crazy weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 01:05 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,241,899 times
There are three feet of snow on the ground in Silverton? That's amazing!

Old 05-02-2010, 01:17 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,917,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
A good 250 anyway, yea. When I think of that end of Colorado, I think of New Mexico (at least from the standpoint of media). The reason being they get New Mexico television programming in Durango, Cortez, and Pagosa. I lived for a time in Durango in the late 60's, and worked a short time there on construction in 1978. Back then they didn't get Coloardo tv programming at all. Finally cable came in, and the FCC made some sort of arrangement to get Denver news on 5 p.m. broadcasts. 10 p.m. broadcasts are still KOB, KRQE, and KOAT only. Going a tad off topic here-sorry Pancho!

Where in Colorado were you Cathy? Durango? Pagosa? The reason I'm asking is they are going to get snow tonight in Pagosa, probably Durango as well.
I was in Durango and just north of there. I have loved the Four Corners area for over 25 years, and it was good to be back, even if I was shocked at the growth. The last time I was in Durango and Ruidoso both was around 1984 before I moved.

I just THOUGHT that Ruidoso had grown a lot--but compared to Durango, ....GOODNESS. Bed, Bath and Beyond? Home Depot? 2 big City Markets? Walmart? Burger King? Albertson's? A HUGE indoor aquatic center?? NONE of those were there the last time I went skiing at Purgatory, and we stayed at the Summit just on the outskirts of town. That is no longer there, and one of the locals said that she thought it had been converted to condos.

There are all manner of services there now. I knew that it had grown some, but I just didn't expect that much!

I turn on the TV, and lo and behold, you're right....the CBS station KBIM/KRQE was on--and I never even noticed that it said "Alamogordo, Roswell and Durango" across the bottom!!

No wonder it looked somewhat familiar, LOL!

Yet, I look at the Baja lineup for nearby Cortez, and their CBS station comes out of Durango itself, KREZ. Cortez gets stations from all over, including both NM (Farmington, ABQ) and CO (Durango, Denver, Grand Junction). Now why would Durango get a CBS station out of southern NM when they have a LOCAL CBS right there in town?

I want a little more snow before it's all over with, even if it delays my putting my tomatoes out.

I'm JEALOUS!!

I went downtown and had lunch at Tequila's--it was SO good.

I meant to stop by both Francisco's or Sweeney's (both of which were there in the 1980s and before), but I ran out of time.

Seems like the tourist traps always have the good restaurants.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:05 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,024,981 times
Up to 8 inches here in Fence Lake today.
Getting a little sun now, yeah. BUT the MUD is back..
Hw

Old 05-02-2010, 05:12 PM

18,261 posts, read 25,954,600 times
8 inches-sheesh, pretty sizable storm! Well, hopefully it will clear out soon!

Old 05-02-2010, 06:05 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,052,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
Ok, ok enough is enough. Cold, very windy and snowing
here in Fence Lake.
Had to bring in the hanging baskets, and the humming bird feeder needs warm water to keep from freezing.

Come on sun...
HW

its that global warming, its so warm that its snowing in May, if it snow on May 5th anywhere in NM we will break a state record.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,926,997 times
Here's what the Ruidoso area looked like this morning, but not for long as the clouds cleared off mid morning and the rest of the day was sunny and warm.

Alto subdivision, May 3, 2010.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:13 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,024,981 times
Now we have the nasty mud for ? days. Couldn't get out to the road due to the mud.
HW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico