Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM

118 posts, read 163,701 times

Advertisements

me and a group of my friends are going to be heading to new orleans if wrestlemania is there next year which seems likely

we are looking to do a vacation rental

this is one we are interested in Mid-City Vacation Rental - VRBO 428795 - 3 BR New Orleans House in LA, New Const. 3 Bedroom 21/2 Bath 2 Story Home with Movie Theater Room

is this area good (map on bottom of the page)?

if not can you suggest some areas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,339,867 times
That's a decent area, albeit pretty far away from everything you would want to do. If you're driving in and will have a car, then you'll be fine. You really won't be able to walk anywhere and the bus lines in that neighborhood are not very frequent, so you'll be better off driving/biking.

If the price is good for you, then go for it.

FYI, there's a good seafood shop at Mirabeau and St. Anthony.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
That's a decent area, albeit pretty far away from everything you would want to do. If you're driving in and will have a car, then you'll be fine. You really won't be able to walk anywhere and the bus lines in that neighborhood are not very frequent, so you'll be better off driving/biking.

If the price is good for you, then go for it.

FYI, there's a good seafood shop at Mirabeau and St. Anthony.

well we will be renting a car but im sure some of us will split up to do different things

whats the cab/taxi situation like

Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 PM

I would stick to United or Nawlins cabs. Fares shouldn't be too bad to get to and from Gentilly.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM

151 posts, read 290,612 times
Personally, I prefer United. I have to say though... nearly all the cab drivers I've met in this city make me afraid for my life. I've had a couple that made me nauseated by the time I got home because of the insane way they drive. The problem is that kind of driving is very common in NOLA. Be very careful crossing streets and driving in this city. I've had a bunch of close calls, one that was within inches of hitting me because he went on a red and was literally maybe 6 inches from my face when he went by.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 AM

37 posts, read 110,828 times
That area is ok, but there isn't a lot around there but houses. If you can find somewhere along Canal St. north of Jeff Davis, or somewhere along St. Charles or Magazine St., that would be the best and most convenient. I like the pics of that place, though. You'll get more bang for your buck in terms of space out there.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 AM

37 posts, read 110,828 times
The Marigny and The Bywater are the most groovy neighborhoods in New Orleans. If you stay there, though, stay on the river side of St. Claude. The other side is sketchy.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 PM

we wound up going for this since alot we were interested in were already booked for that week what do you think

French Quarter Vacation Rental - VRBO 420565 - 4 BR New Orleans House in LA, Must See! 4 Bdrm Home - Low Rates! - Safest Neighborhood in City

Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamloco724 View Post
we wound up going for this since alot we were interested in were already booked for that week what do you think

French Quarter Vacation Rental - VRBO 420565 - 4 BR New Orleans House in LA, Must See! 4 Bdrm Home - Low Rates! - Safest Neighborhood in City
Wow, clever advertising.

1. That is not in the French Quarter
2. That is not even inside the city limits.
3. That is as far away from downtown as that house you were looking at before.

That being said, it is a safe area and looks like a good deal, but you will have to drive or take a cab to get downtown. You can't really walk anywhere. Arabi is part of suburban St. Bernard Parish outside of New Orleans. The RTA bus routes end at Jackson Barrakcs.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:00 AM

282 posts, read 438,075 times
LMAO at the last post!! This is def false advertising! It is in an entirely different town, and like rburnett said it is just as far as the other property with less amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans