Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 02:29 PM

57 posts, read 159,152 times

Advertisements

I have finally gotten an opportunity to get away from the cold in Michigan. I will be relocating to New Orleans area working in Metairie. I am interested in renting an apartment or preferably a 2-3 bedroom home in Metairie. Can anyone recommend/tell me the average rent for a 2-3 bedroom home in Metairie or surrounding area. I have a small yorkie dog so it would have to accept small dogs. I would like updated modern place. I have to report to work no later than the 29th of April. I have a place to stay with my daughter in her Mid city apartment until I can find a place. I am moving from a 3 bedroom very large condo so I will have to put my things in storage until I can find a place. I would also consider moving into an apartment until I could find a house. I would like to move into my own place asap. Also I have no desire to cross the causeway bridge so please nothing on the other side of the bridge please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 05:29 PM

860 posts, read 1,193,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesgru View Post
I have finally gotten an opportunity to get away from the cold in Michigan. I will be relocating to New Orleans area working in Metairie. I am interested in renting an apartment or preferably a 2-3 bedroom home in Metairie. Can anyone recommend/tell me the average rent for a 2-3 bedroom home in Metairie or surrounding area. I have a small yorkie dog so it would have to accept small dogs. I would like updated modern place. I have to report to work no later than the 29th of April. I have a place to stay with my daughter in her Mid city apartment until I can find a place. I am moving from a 3 bedroom very large condo so I will have to put my things in storage until I can find a place. I would also consider moving into an apartment until I could find a house. I would like to move into my own place asap. Also I have no desire to cross the causeway bridge so please nothing on the other side of the bridge please!
I live in the city,, but I think houses in Metairie are from $1000 to &2500 depending on t h e neighborhood. There are plenty of apartment complexes in Metairie that you don't see in the city. I would suggest finding one of these, and then look for a house once you get here... or maybe craigslist.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:39 AM

194 posts, read 222,070 times
There are lots of choices as norb123 has stated. Whatever you do do not rent from Tonti (red or blue).

1st Lake has some properties in Metairie as well and I haven't heard anything bad from them.

2 bd apt range from $900-1300.00 & up. It's really ridiculous.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:59 AM

282 posts, read 438,390 times
What is maximum in your budget? Also, is commute time a major issue? You have many options, but it will all depend on your preference. Logistically, it really would depend where your job is located whether it would be a difficult drive.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:48 PM

Wow thank you all. I was actually looking at an apartment managed by Tonti. Why do you say stay away from them?. Don't want a commute of more than 30 min. Work is in 70002 zip code in Metairie on Esplanade street. Maximum I want to pay for rent would be $1500 if all amenities available. Washer dryer in unit, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, ceramic floors, pool, garage or assigned parking, pets allowed, is this feasible?

Old 05-09-2015, 06:50 PM

Well I'm here and I love mid city minutes from my job on esplanade in Metairie just jump on 10 west a couple of edits and I'm there. Love city living!. Used to live in suburbs in MI but think I prefer N.O to the suburbs here. Looking for something in mid city!

Old 05-10-2015, 09:41 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesgru View Post
Well I'm here and I love mid city minutes from my job on esplanade in Metairie just jump on 10 west a couple of edits and I'm there. Love city living!. Used to live in suburbs in MI but think I prefer N.O to the suburbs here. Looking for something in mid city!
Mid-City is one of the hottest neighborhoods in the city right now and consequently, your max budget doesn't give you many options in this area. Nonetheless, I did find a decent property on Craigslist that I think you'd like. The interior amenities are older, but this is to be expected for this amount of space in Mid-City, especially at this price-point. You stated that you're moving from a condo in Michigan so I assume you wouldn't mind a duplex or something similar.

Beautifully Renovated Large Shotgun Arts Craft Apt off Canal Street

Happy Mother's Day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans