Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,355,436 times

Advertisements

That makes two of you that don't " get it " .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
That makes two of you that don't " get it " .
I really didn't.. enlighten me on that one.
I just assumed it was headed toward some conservative/liberal bs.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvetta View Post
Besides that, Pres O has character and class..something unheard of for the last 8 years.
This is a joke, right?

Old 08-08-2009, 10:43 PM

205 posts, read 589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
If you live in this country then he's YOUR president as well, whether you voted for him or not.
Barack Obama has nothing to do with N.O.'s political scandals that we know of anyway, so why even throw that in?

Hey Westbank.... I was in your city on New Year's Eve. I absolutely adored it. The people were so friendly and we had an awesome tour guide. My family is originally from Baton Rouge and the French Quarter, so I was happy to visit my roots.
My question to you is what is the West bank? I could see the bridge to Metarie from my hotel window but am not quite familiar with the local terminology for the different areas.
Thanks.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:51 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvetta View Post
Hey Westbank.... I was in your city on New Year's Eve. I absolutely adored it. The people were so friendly and we had an awesome tour guide. My family is originally from Baton Rouge and the French Quarter, so I was happy to visit my roots.
My question to you is what is the West bank? I could see the bridge to Metarie from my hotel window but am not quite familiar with the local terminology for the different areas.
Thanks.
lol, I'm glad you had a good time Yvetta.
The bridge you saw actually led to the Westbank. The part of the city that the CBD, Quarter, etc. is on is the Eastbank. Everything across the river is on the Westbank of the river. Metairie is actually on the same side of the river as your hotel and is back toward the airport. What you saw across the river was New Orleans and Gretna.

Last edited by linicx; 08-09-2009 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: Rude remoarks

Old 08-09-2009, 01:25 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
mod cut: Off topic

Last edited by linicx; 08-09-2009 at 10:05 AM..

Old 08-09-2009, 10:06 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
It ain't over yet. Trout may ask for a retrial. http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpa...300.xml&coll=1

Old 08-11-2009, 11:43 AM

31 posts, read 104,404 times
Jefferson is out of money. He has spent it all and what he hasn't spent will be taken away from him as an outcome of the trial. He has no more money to pay attorneys. Here is a man that came from nothing and became a US Congressman. Smart, brilliant and articulate. Life ruined because of greed and a desire to get his children in the best universities. His judgement was clouded by his desire and he took advantage of his high office to fullfill that desire. Many in his family are crooks and they will be delt with by the justice system. This corruption is like the tentacles of an octopus streatching in all directions from one source and touching the lives of many. Corruption is like doing nothing to get something. Using one's position to influence and to bribe.
I believe that we are seeing the end of a era of these corrupt dealings from our state's politicians. The new blood that will be coming into the political system in the next few years will be fresh and untouched for the most part.
It is sad to see a man that went such a long way from nothing come down to the level he has. He brought it on himself and his family. Because of his greed and selfishness he will be wearing an orange jump suit for the rest of his life very soon. As will many of his familiy members and their friends. Let this be a lesson to all that wish to engage in politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans