Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 08:29 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,420,223 times

Advertisements

He is complaining about certain types of tenants, not all tenants. Stop being so hyperpolarized. Not all tenants are bad, not all landlords are bad..in fact most tenants are good and most landlords are good IMO. It just so happens that there are more bad tenants on programs for a variety of reasons...and we can all agree on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 09:42 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,268,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
He is complaining about certain types of tenants, not all tenants. Stop being so hyperpolarized. Not all tenants are bad, not all landlords are bad..in fact most tenants are good and most landlords are good IMO. It just so happens that there are more bad tenants on programs for a variety of reasons...and we can all agree on that.
I've learned to ignore KK. We all know he is a communist. No one takes him seriously. Plain and simple. According to him real estate should be held in common and ALL landlords are greedy and ruthless. LOL. Yeah ok

Old 08-08-2012, 01:55 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,962,646 times
Did anyone else see this story ?

They are not Section 8 people, but I was shocked that they are paying to own a two-bedroom, with balcony, for $800 a month - including the increase - and that they are making a fuss about this.

A garden variety tenant-management rent hike*battle is raging at Harlem

Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 PM

2,496 posts, read 3,790,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Did anyone else see this story ?

They are not Section 8 people, but I was shocked that they are paying to own a two-bedroom, with balcony, for $800 a month - including the increase - and that they are making a fuss about this.

A garden variety tenant-management rent hike*battle is raging at Harlem
I'm sure people are just as shocked when they hear the amount of rent some people pay for a shoebox lol. Is either side right or wrong? That will always be up for debate.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:05 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,268,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
I'm sure people are just as shocked when they hear the amount of rent some people pay for a shoebox lol. Is either side right or wrong? That will always be up for debate.
Mainly in Manhattan, it's both extremes. Not really the outer boroughs. In Manhattan, you either pay a lot for a small apartment or pay pennies for a LARGE apartment.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:14 AM

It's kind of ridiculous that people complain about this minsicule rent increase, and they had no rent increases at all since 2008! And it immediately becomes about "gentrification and anti-blacks" which it clearly is not. The never ending false claims of gentrification are almost as bad as the never ending shouts of racism over anything/everything....you keep crying wolf and nobody listens anymore, and as far as I am concerned, I am done listening about the gentrification nonsense...it is alot of hype and mostly a ploy to scare Landlords into submission.

Stand strong, raise the rent on Esplanade...it is long over due.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:41 PM

25,429 posts, read 37,238,129 times
Quote:
Not all tenants are bad, not all landlords are bad..

You got that HALF right.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM

All tenants are bad huh? =)

Old 08-24-2012, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,921 times
I'm a section 8 tenant and I can not speak for all but I get sowed over a lot by LL because of bad tenant this is my 3rd time moving away from a place that is suppose to be my home for me and my family. And as for judging people from the ghetto as you call it is uncool and down right races. I was born and raise in the projects not by choice as soon as I got old enough I moved out and never went back currently Im a full time college student,married I have 6 kids all by 1 man and that is my husband and yes we are all Blacks. So far all the LL I had did not want us to go but my neighbor they could not control so for that reason we once aging have to move and we have a perfect record with section 8 and our ex and current LL. So just like how you people feel how do you think we feel when you got ass whole stumping on top of my kids heads every day with no breaks me and my husband failed our classes last semester because of the tenant above us and plus my kids cant go outside to play because they mess up the yard real bad. Not all tenants are bad there just so happen to be a lot of really ****ty ones and I get the bad end of it. But trust me when I say I do understand in a BIG WAY.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,847 times
Landlords are fool @#$% they are only after the money. I live in CT and this multimillionaire Gerald E Mullins is moving people in this hose with bed bugs and he doesn't give a @#$% and it's ridiculous that people are losing there stuff when he already breech the contract. What happens to him well i'll tell you NOTHING! He is going to sit back and collect and count his money and enjoy being a slumlord and this is why there are so many slumlords because section 8 does nothing to them they don't get fined are lose their rights as landlords to rent to anyone else talk about neglect. What about the unsuspecting rape victims that go on dates thinking their in good hands and he's a no good person well don't you think he is raping people in away. In my opinion there are no good landlords they got in the field to make money and it doesn't matter how the rat got the cheese once he has it it's his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery