Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 10:25 AM

10 posts, read 35,657 times

Advertisements

my log was mid 1,000. i live one block away, i see some family's that moved in.. mostly family's with kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 02:17 PM

208 posts, read 465,281 times
Some of you people are this thread AMAZE me. You are potentially getting a brand spanking new apartment in a beautiful high-rise in midtown Manhattan for less than $1000 but prob only $500 $600 or $700 a month and complain about this process being long cause you waiting several months...Try people trying to get into the projects they wait years and don't get lux living conditions.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,711 times
Potential Neighbors,

Its been quite some time since my last post, but to my avail, I have finally been called (today) after an innumerable wait for a rendezvous. The man I spoke to told me that there are three buildings, and two are still under construction which will take until the end of the year. So, if you still haven't been called for an interview or are still waiting for your paperwork to be processed, don't fret or be discouraged because people, such as myself, are still being called for interviews.

Remain Hopeful!

Good luck,
Pancakes

Last edited by Pancakes05; 06-21-2013 at 03:21 PM..

Old 06-29-2013, 06:21 PM

54 posts, read 215,865 times
So Friday I received a letter for an appointment! My appointment is in 2 weeks! I have to bring a couple of items along with a $25 credit check fee. After this I guess it will be either deny (debt to ratio like before) or to see an apartment.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,745,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUpperEastSide View Post
So Friday I received a letter for an appointment! My appointment is in 2 weeks! I have to bring a couple of items along with a $25 credit check fee. After this I guess it will be either deny (debt to ratio like before) or to see an apartment.
I hope you'll qualify but if your debt to income ratio is bad, there is a great chance you won't.

Work on paying off those credit cards and whatever other debt you have! I'm doing that now. I've paid off some of my smaller cards and I'm working at paying off the rest. There is no way I would qualify for any apartment with the state of my credit report (debt to income ratio) and I know I have to get it cleaned up.

Start working on the smaller cards... pay them off and then "snowball" the money you were paying on those to the next largest cards, etc. If you have to, cut all the cards up so you won't be tempted to use them.

Good luck!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:59 AM

10 posts, read 20,623 times
I was denied due to a mistake when my income was added, I sent out an appeal on friday and received a call today for an interview tomorrow. I have to bring a $25 money order for the credit check as well. Good luck to everyone, this has been the longest and nerve wrecking process but I feel it is worth it. My family needs this.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 AM

20 posts, read 53,351 times
my income was hastily added wrong too.. who did yours?

Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 PM

54 posts, read 215,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latashababygirl View Post
I was denied due to a mistake when my income was added, I sent out an appeal on friday and received a call today for an interview tomorrow. I have to bring a $25 money order for the credit check as well. Good luck to everyone, this has been the longest and nerve wrecking process but I feel it is worth it. My family needs this.
How was the interview?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:06 PM

10 posts, read 36,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme0007 View Post
How many bedrooms did you get?
My understanding was that people who qualified for 2 bedrooms (family ) were set for priority .
I was accepted by the developer for a 3 bedroom also, but now waiting to hear back to see if I pass the city's screening.
I'm wondering if the 3 bedrooms have 2 baths and washer/dryer in apt.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:08 PM

10 posts, read 36,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme0007 View Post
How many bedrooms did you get?
My understanding was that people who qualified for 2 bedrooms (family ) were set for priority .
Quote:
Originally Posted by figa8shape View Post
no actually, I'm not in one of the preference groups and after reading some of the stories here I was expecting a long drawn out process but EVERYTHING from initial interview to move in was 6 weeks.
How long did it take for you to hear back from the city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery