Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 AM

41 posts, read 252,879 times

Advertisements

Huge development coming up with plenty of affordable housing units available(not listed on hpd.gov website yet). I thought everyone here on this site should know.

44th Street Development LLC is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for 682 affordable housing rental apartments now under construction at 510-550 West 45th Street in the Clinton section of Manhattan. The buildings are being constructed through the Inclusionary Housing Program of the New York City’s Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) with financing provided by New York State Housing Finance Agency (HFA). - quoted from site

www.West45Lottery.com

Send in those applications early by November 13,2012 to get better log #'s. Good luck all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 08:53 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
Thank you Dude.
I hope some here get to benefit.

It looks like tht Number 2 grouping is the sweet spot.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:30 AM

10 posts, read 108,601 times
I applied for my mom and I plan on sending the application this Monday. I hope that we get asked to be interviewed. I'm in my second year of college at NYU and it is hard sharing a room with my mom and to have to commute 2 hours daily. I hope to be considered for a two bedroom and the West 45 apartments are not as far away as my current apartment. What are the chances of this? I have applied to over 5 of these apartment lotteries and just realized that all of the scholarships that I have be awarded do not count as income even though it says that they should be listed.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:15 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,987 times
I believe if you are a full time student you typically are not selected.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM

10 posts, read 108,601 times
I'm a full time student but I work part-time in school and my mom works full time as well.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:30 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,265,664 times
Perhaps I'm not reading the chart correctly. However, I see that if you are an individual making 72K per year that somehow you are supposed to be able to afford $2042 per month for a 1 bedroom. However, if there are two people in the unit than total household income cannot exceed $89,640. Huh? It seems like it would be more affordable if both occupants were allowed to make up to 72K each.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marval15 View Post
I applied for my mom and I plan on sending the application this Monday. I hope that we get asked to be interviewed. I'm in my second year of college at NYU and it is hard sharing a room with my mom and to have to commute 2 hours daily. I hope to be considered for a two bedroom and the West 45 apartments are not as far away as my current apartment. What are the chances of this? I have applied to over 5 of these apartment lotteries and just realized that all of the scholarships that I have be awarded do not count as income even though it says that they should be listed.
If you don't live that far away I can guarantee you 99% that you'll be selected for an interview. I believe scholarships will only be counted as income if your scholarship writes you out a check that you could spend on anything but you can withhold from telling them since its hard to trace that money once you cash it unless if you deposit in your bank.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:12 AM

345 posts, read 853,245 times
The majority of these apartments are not affordable. Some people will be paying 35% of their income. On top of that you'll have to pay for Electric. Not to mention the fact that you'll be paying more just to live in the neighborhood.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM

345 posts, read 853,245 times
THe income levels for affordable apartments are way out of whack. The levels should be spread out more.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
Perhaps I'm not reading the chart correctly. However, I see that if you are an individual making 72K per year that somehow you are supposed to be able to afford $2042 per month for a 1 bedroom. However, if there are two people in the unit than total household income cannot exceed $89,640. Huh? It seems like it would be more affordable if both occupants were allowed to make up to 72K each.
If you are making $72k a year then that is affordable. Plus its 4 brand new towers with lots of amenities so I think its a steal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery