Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 AM

10 posts, read 35,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by figa8shape View Post
no actually, I'm not in one of the preference groups and after reading some of the stories here I was expecting a long drawn out process but EVERYTHING from initial interview to move in was 6 weeks.
How many bedrooms did you get?
My understanding was that people who qualified for 2 bedrooms (family ) were set for priority .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,685 times
Is there a way to get on a waiting list now?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:04 PM

17 posts, read 54,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme0007 View Post
How many bedrooms did you get?
My understanding was that people who qualified for 2 bedrooms (family ) were set for priority .
Three bedrooms.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM

10 posts, read 20,614 times
I qualify for a 3 bedroom also, still waiting on an interview. I would love to see pics but havent found any online. Does the 3 bedroom have a 2nd bath and washer/dryer in the unit?

Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 PM

54 posts, read 215,798 times
Tons of great information. I too applied last year and just got a call to verify my address, employment and my disability 2 days ago. Zander said someone should be calling me soon. Soon can mean so many things lol. I'm waiting patiently.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM

Oh and although I am excited, I more than likely will not get the apartment because I remember when I applied for the West 42 street apartment, I didn't get it because my debt to ratio was too high. Booo!!!!

Old 06-13-2013, 02:44 PM

10 posts, read 20,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUpperEastSide View Post
Oh and although I am excited, I more than likely will not get the apartment because I remember when I applied for the West 42 street apartment, I didn't get it because my debt to ratio was too high. Booo!!!!
That would suck, I am dealing with someone by the name of Danielle, I have not heard from her since I sent my updated paperwork last week. I've been calling everyday and left a message but she seems to be out of the office. Frustrating but I am trying to stay positive but need to know something before the school year starts in September.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:34 PM

Any updates? I faxed my documents June 18th. My worker is Kyle.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:12 AM

10 posts, read 35,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUpperEastSide View Post
Any updates? I faxed my documents June 18th. My worker is Kyle.
I'm also dealing with Kyle. After I had my initial interview (back in Jan) .

He told me my application was looking good, and the next step was a criminal check and some other clarification .

I contacted him for a status update. Two months after and been told that my application has been approved by the office and he will be sending my application to the city but before that I would need to come to the office and sign some paper work and someone will contact me to show me around the building and pick up an apartment.

However when I called him a month ago he said "Your apartment is still under contraction, you will be contacted soon"

I really don't like the long awaiting response from them...

I'm " qualified " for a 1bd apartment

Old 06-21-2013, 07:20 AM

Yes, I am with you on the long wait but in reality I haven't been waiting for long because I just got the first call June 11th.

I hope you hear something soon.

What is your Log #? Mine is HIGH, 233XX but I am a city worker and I am disabled so I guess that is why I was called.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme0007 View Post
I'm also dealing with Kyle. After I had my initial interview (back in Jan) .

He told me my application was looking good, and the next step was a criminal check and some other clarification .

I contacted him for a status update. Two months after and been told that my application has been approved by the office and he will be sending my application to the city but before that I would need to come to the office and sign some paper work and someone will contact me to show me around the building and pick up an apartment.

However when I called him a month ago he said "Your apartment is still under contraction, you will be contacted soon"

I really don't like the long awaiting response from them...

I'm " qualified " for a 1bd apartment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery