Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 02:58 PM

260 posts, read 332,982 times

Advertisements

I mean it said Comunity board 3 and I'm in Comunity board 3 so hopefully it's a done deal thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 03:15 PM

It said on the website for the building 50% Is for Comunity board 3 and I'm in the Comunity board 3 area. I don't have credit it needs work 552 but I seen I have a debt of 94 for con ed, I don't have anything under my name so I don't understand that. Would that affect me getting the unit?

Old 10-24-2016, 03:29 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,568,333 times
If your credit rating is 552, that's not the best. The updated marketing guidelines (in effect since last October), say that developers are supposed to accept people with credit scores of 580, and they can accept people with less than that if they want. The question is, will they want to?

If I were you I would get a hold of my credit report and see if there are any mistakes on it that you can correct, fast.

If you are denied due to your credit report, they are supposed to provide you with the specific information that went into their decision and also give you two weeks to appeal.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:57 PM

Thank you so much for your important I really appreciate it. I got whole of collections and the debt from con Edison was from a family member who used my name and SS. I had no choice but to pay it all in one shot. They said that it will we off my credit around the 24-30 of this month. So housing might see that it's still not paid. I emailed the lady that send me the email for the interview. So from here on it's in god hands

Old 10-25-2016, 10:50 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,693 times
I can assure you God has nothing to do with it.

Old 11-03-2016, 07:37 AM

16 posts, read 60,224 times
Most of my applications I have submitted online says, "lottery pending". After that it goes to tenant selection in progress and I'm randomly assigned log numbers some low (8,000s) and some high (under 30,000s). Why is it that most of my application gets selected for the lottery but my application doesn't get picked? I guess this is with luck!

Old 11-03-2016, 10:02 AM

I just seen that the building I went for a interview is doing a three day interview starting November 9 I need to know what's going on. I'm giving up hope.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:22 PM

9 posts, read 44,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifly View Post
Great story, thanks for sharing.
Anytime. Keeping the hope alive.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Do you think that log numbers are very high because people from outside of NYC apply as well?

Also, I entered my income wrong on one of the older lotteries, which is still on, "Tenant Selection in Progress." My log number is only 9xx. I was wondering, based on your experience, maybe I may get a letter that I'm rejected and I can then take the time to make the corrections and get a chance?
Yes. We all make mistakes but try your best not to create any mistakes. However, you all get a chance to request for a review or go to the interview with your most updated documents.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle215 View Post
Sorry but I have to disagree. Not everyone hears back.
If you don't hear back, try your best to take the initiative. Especially if its of great importance to you. Check your junk email as well as your mailboc. Dont just stop there. You can lookup or Google the management of a particular development you applied to and either call or go to the office location and kindly state your reason of visit there and you can get better answers and closer to your goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery