Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 09:55 AM

111 posts, read 137,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavis21 View Post
yes they told me they receive them
do you have preference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 10:00 AM

197 posts, read 254,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavis21 View Post
do you have preference
Second interview is pretty much to sign papers and submit more things needed for example I needed to submit more pay stubs and a bank deposit summary..

I do have community preference but I didn't know until the day of the interview lol

Old 12-23-2015, 10:15 AM

67 posts, read 76,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Yeah I did mines nov 13, no preferences and still no employment verification or credit check either. I'm calling tomorrow to ask about the case

I am hoping that they're waiting for enough qualifying tenants to put a bunch of people in at one time !! Let me know what happens when you call

Old 12-23-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
Second interview is pretty much to sign papers and submit more things needed for example I needed to submit more pay stubs and a bank deposit summary..

I do have community preference but I didn't know until the day of the interview lol

If they call you for a second interview does that basically mean that you got the apartment ?

Old 12-23-2015, 10:21 AM

436 posts, read 497,337 times
Quote:
Hey there,

Was missing you here..

Remember my process Hun especially now with the holidays I'm sure the crap is longer.. Don't lose hope.. You're almost there.. Remember once that credit and vertification goes through everything will go fast from there..

But still call.. Let them know that you want to verify if you're on the processing list or rejection list... If you're on the processing list then you are 85 percent in

Keep me posted
Yeah it's frustrating. Just called. My worker doesn't answer her direct line so I just spoke to a random operator. She told me they still working on cases and I asked if they already moved on to non preferences and she says it doesn't matter if it's preferences or not that they will contact me if and when they get to the file, and that they still working on it. 😒

Old 12-23-2015, 10:22 AM

436 posts, read 497,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post
I am hoping that they're waiting for enough qualifying tenants to put a bunch of people in at one time !! Let me know what happens when you call
Yeah it's frustrating. Just called. My worker doesn't answer her direct line so I just spoke to a random operator. She told me they still working on cases and I asked if they already moved on to non preferences and she says it doesn't matter if it's preferences or not that they will contact me if and when they get to the file, and that they still working on it. 😒

Old 12-23-2015, 12:28 PM

197 posts, read 254,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post
If they call you for a second interview does that basically mean that you got the apartment ?
No it doesn't necessarily mean that.. It's just the process to continue getting your file ready to send to HPD for the final approval.. When you view the apartment is when you have a 50 percent chance of getting it. Only thing left is to send off for approval..

Although I bumped into a neighbor the other day and since I recognized her from the second interview we talked for a while and she mentioned that they told her she was rewarded the apartment and that she needed to sign a lease.. They didn't even showed her the apartment she was moving into

Old 12-23-2015, 02:11 PM

75 posts, read 119,735 times
Just picked up my last paycheck for the year.......It was $50 below the guideline, Thank god. I was a little worried. I worked a few hours overtime last week and didn't even pay myself for the extra hours all cause i was afraid it would go over.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:05 PM

42 posts, read 51,793 times
Listening to ever one stories I believe it's about who your worker is, I read people had two interviews I only had one and was able to fax majority of my stuff, I received my call nov23 and moved in dec18th . My biggest problem was my school paper work. But I believe there are still two buildings not done and it's still a few empty ones in my building. Also if you fax documents always send it with a cover letter and put attn: who ever it's going to. Also I would say to give them a call at least once a week because when the new lady was working on my file she needed more documents from me and didn't even call me, so I was happy I called that day.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't necessarily mean that.. It's just the process to continue getting your file ready to send to HPD for the final approval.. When you view the apartment is when you have a 50 percent chance of getting it. Only thing left is to send off for approval..

Although I bumped into a neighbor the other day and since I recognized her from the second interview we talked for a while and she mentioned that they told her she was rewarded the apartment and that she needed to sign a lease.. They didn't even showed her the apartment she was moving into
OMG so she took the apartment without even seeing it ....that's crazy . Are they at least spacious ? Like is everything seperated ? Own dining room .. Seperate kitchen ..bathrooms nice size ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery