Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 07:29 PM

436 posts, read 496,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
The waiting game is the worse. It literally drove me insane because I was constantly checking emails, for calls etc.. I know that once you're credit goes through you are pretty much good to go! Have you checked to see if they ran your credit
Hi just updating you on my case. So far there wasn't any new info on my account. I called today to ask about my case and asked them to verify the fax number for my job to send in the employment verification. They asked who was in charge of my case and I described the girl. They were able to find her! Her name is Kirsy Alcantra. She remembered my husband and me!! I asked her how longer for the process of my case to move along. She said she doesn't know but that she will work on it and that she will call when she has new info for me. I hope she does work on it. If not I'll call her in two days since I have her extension number. In order to get these things you have to be persistent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 07:17 AM

197 posts, read 254,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendria View Post
1. Got phn call saying I was selected and told to fax over stubs and tax forms b/c they are open from 9to5 and I work those same hours. Also I have CB preference but my log number was in the 22,000's. I read on another forum a lot of ppl were getting denied for Livonia commons. (11/23)

2. The lady handling my file emailed me employment verification form yo sign as well as sign off to authorize a credit check. (11/25)

3. The lady called me saying my credit back came back and it was good and she then emailed me some documents she wanted me to fax (b.c, s.s card, bank statements , w2, notarized letter from my parents, letter from my previous job and and a letter from my school) Also I saw the hard inquiry posted on my credit report . Later in the day she called and asked for me to come in 12/4 for a interview. (11/30)

4. Received a call asking can I come in b4 12/4( I emailed my original worker she stated my file will be going to another worker, ��) (12/2)

5. Went to interview brought in the documents requested and was told by the new lady working on my file that she was going to review my file and then send it to the city, she said if the still find me eligible I should receive a call from them to sign a lease and to make sure I have 2 money orders for $861. (12/3)

So now I'm just waiting to hear something back to come view or sign a lease something uggh, I literally can not sleep but I will call Friday to see what's up.
Well my dear, seems like you have literally gotten the apartment.. You should be receiving a call to view the apartment and right after you will receive a call to sign a lease.. I tell you one thing you are lucky you were able to fax your documents as oppose to having to go in I'm guessing they are trying to fill in space.. I had to call out of work twice and leave work early twice because every schedule meeting was during my work hours as well.. I'm surprise I still even have a job lol.. As for the other forum in which ppl were getting denied its only because something didn't add up.. Could have been credit or they no longer fall into the income bracket...

Once again good luck and please keep me posted

Old 12-08-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Hi just updating you on my case. So far there wasn't any new info on my account. I called today to ask about my case and asked them to verify the fax number for my job to send in the employment verification. They asked who was in charge of my case and I described the girl. They were able to find her! Her name is Kirsy Alcantra. She remembered my husband and me!! I asked her how longer for the process of my case to move along. She said she doesn't know but that she will work on it and that she will call when she has new info for me. I hope she does work on it. If not I'll call her in two days since I have her extension number. In order to get these things you have to be persistent.
Yes you have to.. I called about twice a week and then just stopped because it was driving me insane.. Then about a month later my job recieved the employment form.. I went on the interview on September 30, and they recieved it November 6.. Then everything just went from there

Old 12-08-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Yes you have to.. I called about twice a week and then just stopped because it was driving me insane.. Then about a month later my job recieved the employment form.. I went on the interview on September 30, and they recieved it November 6.. Then everything just went from there
Yeah. I was thinking that as of right now they're just working on the PREFERENCES application first and thennnnn they are going to work on all the other applications. This is just my mind trying to cope withd the waiting. It's driving me insane. I literally pray everyday for the apartment. I hate the anxiety of not knowing 😩

Old 12-08-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Yeah. I was thinking that as of right now they're just working on the PREFERENCES application first and thennnnn they are going to work on all the other applications. This is just my mind trying to cope withd the waiting. It's driving me insane. I literally pray everyday for the apartment. I hate the anxiety of not knowing 😩
Yes that's exactly what they are working on now is preferences.. If you notice in this forum I was speaking with someone who is waiting for approval that log number was in the 22,000 and they have preferences... But honestly I think you're good because to have called you for an interview only means that you're found to be eligible.. It's just the whole damn waiting.. Believe me I was like you praying, anxious and going insane.. But once I got it I was like wow, still seems very unreal to me..

Just continue to follow up.. Soon I will be reading that you got the apartment

Old 12-08-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Yes that's exactly what they are working on now is preferences.. If you notice in this forum I was speaking with someone who is waiting for approval that log number was in the 22,000 and they have preferences... But honestly I think you're good because to have called you for an interview only means that you're found to be eligible.. It's just the whole damn waiting.. Believe me I was like you praying, anxious and going insane.. But once I got it I was like wow, still seems very unreal to me..

Just continue to follow up.. Soon I will be reading that you got the apartment
Yes from your mouth to god's ears!! I hope it is true that I still have a chance. I'm just afraid that after all this waiting they tell me all the apartments are filled and that they're gonna place me in a waiting list ! That will destroy me man!

Old 12-08-2015, 05:55 PM

111 posts, read 137,804 times
Wonder if that's the lady that doing my file shes Jamaican very rude

Old 12-08-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavis21 View Post
The one that's doing mines is Dominican I believe. She speaks Spanish and is tall, dark skin really short hair, thick lips. Kind of big with big busts.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavis21 View Post
When I went to my interview well to my second interview the lady who attended to me was beyond rude... Totally different from the person who attended to me the first interview.. Man I was livid with her ass she was just plain rude.. I kept my cool for the whole interview up until the end.. I had to tell her like lady just because these apartments are low income etc doesn't mean that ppl come from crap.. You're not about to be nasty to me like I'm about to beg you for this and like you're doing me a favor.. I'm all for these apartments helping in a huge way but do you really have to be nasty to ppl... I work for the city I help ppl every single day and I'm no where like you.. Let alone I have college degress and the rent that you guys are talking about being low isn't really that low because Im going to be paying over 1000 in rent.. She looked at me like I had 20 heads but her damn attitude changed immediately... When I left there I knew I didn't get it.. But then this lady Named Angela called me and oh my the sweetest person ever.. Maybe you can contact her and ask if she can help you instead

Old 12-09-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
The one that's doing mines is Dominican I believe. She speaks Spanish and is tall, dark skin really short hair, thick lips. Kind of big with big busts.
Hey why don't you contact this lady named Angela. She was the person who helped me at the end. She is amazing.. Call her and tell her that you wanted to know if she can help you. Tell her that someone recommend her and told you that you helped them.. Let them what's going on with you and see if she can help you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery