Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2015, 05:16 PM

67 posts, read 75,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendria View Post
I had s similar situation I believe if on your app you put the new job salary you should be ok, also I had to provide documentation from my old job stating I no longer work there..
Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 05:30 PM

I read on here somewhere that if you're in school then they won't give you the apartment ? Well how would they know if you're in school if that is not on your application ? I am in school but I also work full time . If that is the case then I will not register for classes for next semester . Just in case ..I am so nervous

Old 12-17-2015, 05:40 PM

42 posts, read 51,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post
I read on here somewhere that if you're in school then they won't give you the apartment ? Well how would they know if you're in school if that is not on your application ? I am in school but I also work full time . If that is the case then I will not register for classes for next semester . Just in case ..I am so nervous
I took out a loan so I'm guessing when they ran my credit they probably saw it, so I'm assuming that's what opened it up.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:28 PM

197 posts, read 254,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorditostyle View Post
It sucks that happening to you but in the end of the day it is still a "lottery" nathing is grantee
Quote:
Believe me they will find out especially if you've taken out a loan as it will appear on your credit report.. When you go on the interview you sign documents pretty much giving them permission to check you out!

Old 12-18-2015, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
Believe me they will find out especially if you've taken out a loan as it will appear on your credit report.. When you go on the interview you sign documents pretty much giving them permission to check you out!

Thank you Jess ! ... No that's fine . I am pretty sure they will find out because I did take out a student loan . I am saying, the semester is over next week . What if I just don't go next semester and get a letter from my school stating that I am currently not enrolled in school. I mean, once I move in and I decided to register for school again , how can I be penalized ... What do you think ?

Old 12-18-2015, 05:01 AM

42 posts, read 51,716 times
Quote:
Thank you Jess ! ... No that's fine . I am pretty sure they will find out because I did take out a student loan . I am saying, the semester is over next week . What if I just don't go next semester and get a letter from my school stating that I am currently not enrolled in school. I mean, once I move in and I decided to register for school again , how can I be penalized ... What do you think ?
It's such a sticky situation, and Awww does your interview take place after the semester is over? I was told flat out by my worker if I'm in school I don't qualify. Now I was thinking the same thing just go back after I get in but they had me write a letter stating I will not be attended school in 2016 at all. After I wrote that and sent my transcripts and enrollment verification it still wasn't good enough they wanted enrollment verification from my old school that I graduated from because they wanted to make sure I wasn't enrolled in the spring semester,(last spring semester) I'm kinda glad I took that semester off I had just graduated and didn't want to jump right back into classes. So yea it's a sticky situation. So I think you shouldn't enroll for this coming semester but you will cross that bridge when you get there.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:36 AM

[quote=Apartment_hunting;42323865]Thank you Jess ! ... No that's fine . I am pretty sure they will find out because I did take out a student loan . I am saying, the semester is over next week . What if I just don't go next semester and get a letter from my school stating that I am currently not enrolled in school. I mean, once I move in and I decided to register for school again , how can I be penalized ... What do you think ?[/QUOT

Lol hmmmmmm seems fine to me lmao

Old 12-18-2015, 05:38 AM

[quote=jess10;42324168]
Quote:
Thank you Jess ! ... No that's fine . I am pretty sure they will find out because I did take out a student loan . I am saying, the semester is over next week . What if I just don't go next semester and get a letter from my school stating that I am currently not enrolled in school. I mean, once I move in and I decided to register for school again , how can I be penalized ... What do you think ?[/QUOT

Lol hmmmmmm seems fine to me lmao
Wait, I refrain from what I told you.. Lmao I think they have you sign a document in which you will not go to school for the next 12 months... Sorta like if a person living with you is unemployed they have them sign a form saying that they will not work within the next 10 months... Lol crazy but they are super strict with it..

Old 12-18-2015, 08:19 AM

75 posts, read 119,524 times
Does anyone know which Credit Scoring system the management company uses, Is it, FICO Vantage...etc.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:21 AM

[quote=bclarke1983;42325554]Does anyone know which Credit Scoring system the management company uses, Is it, FICO Vantage...etc.[/QUOTE

Sorry! Not a clue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery