Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2015, 11:44 AM

67 posts, read 75,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendria View Post
It's such a sticky situation, and Awww does your interview take place after the semester is over? I was told flat out by my worker if I'm in school I don't qualify. Now I was thinking the same thing just go back after I get in but they had me write a letter stating I will not be attended school in 2016 at all. After I wrote that and sent my transcripts and enrollment verification it still wasn't good enough they wanted enrollment verification from my old school that I graduated from because they wanted to make sure I wasn't enrolled in the spring semester,(last spring semester) I'm kinda glad I took that semester off I had just graduated and didn't want to jump right back into classes. So yea it's a sticky situation. So I think you shouldn't enroll for this coming semester but you will cross that bridge when you get there.

Omg ! I am really so sad about that . I guess I will take the spring semester off . However, for the entire year ? I think that is so unfair .. So what about the next year ? They r really tellin us for as long as we live in those apartment then we can never go back to school ? Absolutely crazy .. Hopefully it will just b for the 2016 year .... Because I can't deal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 11:46 AM

[quote=jess10;42324179]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post

Wait, I refrain from what I told you.. Lmao I think they have you sign a document in which you will not go to school for the next 12 months... Sorta like if a person living with you is unemployed they have them sign a form saying that they will not work within the next 10 months... Lol crazy but they are super strict with it..

Thanks Jess . Affordable housing is crazy ... I can't imagine never going back to school for as long as I live in those apartments... Let's just hope that I am over thinking and they don't even ask me about school. Prayers up

Old 12-18-2015, 11:47 AM

Why do they ask for employment verification letter at the time of the interview if we still have to wait for them to contact our jobs for another employment verification letter ? ....lol

Old 12-18-2015, 01:40 PM

197 posts, read 254,001 times
[quote=Apartment_hunting;42328203]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post

Thanks Jess . Affordable housing is crazy ... I can't imagine never going back to school for as long as I live in those apartments... Let's just hope that I am over thinking and they don't even ask me about school. Prayers up
I don't think that's the case!! I think it will be for the next few months.. I'm sorry but if these apartment require you to not go to school ever then guess what maybe this isn't for you! I find it absurd that they will say no school at all..

Old 12-18-2015, 01:41 PM

197 posts, read 254,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post
Why do they ask for employment verification letter at the time of the interview if we still have to wait for them to contact our jobs for another employment verification letter ? ....lol
Lmfaoooo I say the same thing!!

Old 12-18-2015, 01:50 PM

196 posts, read 330,847 times
They will disqualify you if u just simply take a semester off

If they hint that you just "taking a semester off" but will go back to school then it won't be fair to the other waiting in line that aren't going to school and are really depending on the affordable housing opportunity

And I believe when you resign your lease in 1/2 years you will have to resubmit everything again to too if they have to rise or lower your rent

Old 12-18-2015, 02:08 PM

4,807 posts, read 6,663,585 times
If you have a full-time job, and your income qualifies you for the apartment, I believe you are allowed to take classes, as long as you are not a full-time student. That would be over 12 credits a semester.

Are you taking more than that? That would be really hard to do while holding down a full-time job.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:35 PM

196 posts, read 330,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
If you have a full-time job, and your income qualifies you for the apartment, I believe you are allowed to take classes, as long as you are not a full-time student. That would be over 12 credits a semester.

Are you taking more than that? That would be really hard to do while holding down a full-time job.

Idk man this ppl are very very strick with the requirements and easy disqualify people for the next on the list

I know ppl that have gone over on the income by a few dollars and disqualify

And I seen ppl miss the credit score by 10 or even 5 points

Old 12-18-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post

Hey Hun , no I am only taking 6 credits per semester . Part time . I don't see anything wrong with that . However, I will still discontinue school until I get more information on what I should do in the future if I want to go back to school from the administrators .

Old 12-18-2015, 04:17 PM

[quote=jess10;42329554]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post

I don't think that's the case!! I think it will be for the next few months.. I'm sorry but if these apartment require you to not go to school ever then guess what maybe this isn't for you! I find it absurd that they will say no school at all..
Lmao , exactly it does not sound right at all ... " no schooling to further your education EVER !! " lol ... But we will see . Thanks for your help ")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery