Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2015, 08:19 PM

197 posts, read 254,001 times

Advertisements

[quote=Apartment_hunting;42331108]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post

Lmao , exactly it does not sound right at all ... " no schooling to further your education EVER !! " lol ... But we will see . Thanks for your help ")
I honestly don't think that will be the case.. And if I was your mom I will beat you (LMAO) for trying to take some time off from school.. You know what's best for you.. Please keep me posted..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 05:58 AM

67 posts, read 75,994 times
[quote=jess10;42333077]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post

I honestly don't think that will be the case.. And if I was your mom I will beat you (LMAO) for trying to take some time off from school.. You know what's best for you.. Please keep me posted..
Yes...it's my masters, I am half way through. But I live alone and my rent is really expensive right now . To the point that I said I am moving out of town . Smh

Old 12-19-2015, 06:10 AM

[quote=Apartment_hunting;42335258]
Quote:

Yes...it's my masters, I am half way through. But I live alone and my rent is really expensive right now . To the point that I said I am moving out of town . Smh
Ironically I was considering moving out of town as well before getting this apartment.. Getting you're masters is a beautiful thing.. And something extremely worth obtaining.. Although stressful but beyond rewarding believe me I know 😩😩😩... I honestly think you will be fine.. You have already submitted documentations needed.. So I'm sure it will work out.. This is a lottery apartment and you were called.. Regardless of your life and what you're doing to better you shouldn't affect your application.. You have the same opportunity just like the person before you so why not try to make the best of it!!

I'm almost sure you will get this apartment

Old 12-19-2015, 11:15 AM

42 posts, read 51,716 times
I signed my lease yesterday I was super excited. For the people who have already moved in are you guys having a problem with your heat? I stayed over last night at my place and was freezing.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendria View Post
I signed my lease yesterday I was super excited. For the people who have already moved in are you guys having a problem with your heat? I stayed over last night at my place and was freezing.
What building are you in again? And the first few days I sure the heck was until my son's father came to save the day.. He fixed the heat.. Lol what I was having problems with was the hot water.. But they're working on it

Old 12-19-2015, 02:18 PM

Omg please tell me how did he fix it, and I'm in the one on Williams

Old 12-19-2015, 04:21 PM

196 posts, read 330,847 times
Damn it a new building what going on with the heating lol

Old 12-19-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorditostyle View Post
Damn it a new building what going on with the heating lol
Lol that's what I'm saying, waiting until Monday to call management

Old 12-19-2015, 08:49 PM

67 posts, read 75,994 times
[quote=jess10;42335324]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post

Ironically I was considering moving out of town as well before getting this apartment.. Getting you're masters is a beautiful thing.. And something extremely worth obtaining.. Although stressful but beyond rewarding believe me I know 😩😩😩... I honestly think you will be fine.. You have already submitted documentations needed.. So I'm sure it will work out.. This is a lottery apartment and you were called.. Regardless of your life and what you're doing to better you shouldn't affect your application.. You have the same opportunity just like the person before you so why not try to make the best of it!!

I'm almost sure you will get this apartment
Aww wow Jess , you're so positive and supportive. I love it

Old 12-20-2015, 07:57 AM

[quote=Apartment_hunting;42342540]
Quote:

Aww wow Jess , you're so positive and supportive. I love it
AAAAWWWW thanks honey.. I just feel like why should someone be sorta like a back burner because they're bettering themselves.. When I was in college I was in a similar situation and it damn near drove me insane because I feel like what the heck I'm trying to survive just like the next person but as I tell myself often all in due time and then this came along... You're gonna be fine.. Soon you'll be telling us that you're moving in! 😀
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery