Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 04:37 PM

67 posts, read 75,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendria View Post
Listening to ever one stories I believe it's about who your worker is, I read people had two interviews I only had one and was able to fax majority of my stuff, I received my call nov23 and moved in dec18th . My biggest problem was my school paper work. But I believe there are still two buildings not done and it's still a few empty ones in my building. Also if you fax documents always send it with a cover letter and put attn: who ever it's going to. Also I would say to give them a call at least once a week because when the new lady was working on my file she needed more documents from me and didn't even call me, so I was happy I called that day.
You had your interview nov 23rd ? Or you got called on nov23rd saying that you got the apartment ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 05:16 PM

197 posts, read 253,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post
OMG so she took the apartment without even seeing it ....that's crazy . Are they at least spacious ? Like is everything seperated ? Own dining room .. Seperate kitchen ..bathrooms nice size ?
Yes I mean she already knew she was getting a 2 bedroom.. The rooms are spacious.. I have a full blown Queen size bedroom set and it fits perfect and I have space.. When I viewed the apartment I was shown 2 different style 2 bedroom apartment.. My nieghbor's 2 bedroom apartment is completely different.. She was telling me that I have more closets space then hers and she fell in love with my apartment because I have a counter in which I can put two bar stools.. Depending on how your apartment will look the kitchen is pretty much attached to the living room unless there's a separation like mine. Bathroom is very spacious

Old 12-23-2015, 05:17 PM

197 posts, read 253,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendria View Post
Listening to ever one stories I believe it's about who your worker is, I read people had two interviews I only had one and was able to fax majority of my stuff, I received my call nov23 and moved in dec18th . My biggest problem was my school paper work. But I believe there are still two buildings not done and it's still a few empty ones in my building. Also if you fax documents always send it with a cover letter and put attn: who ever it's going to. Also I would say to give them a call at least once a week because when the new lady was working on my file she needed more documents from me and didn't even call me, so I was happy I called that day.
You were very lucky.. The majority of the ppl do have 2nd interviews as it's the time where they have to sign documentations for the apartment..

Old 12-23-2015, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,085 times
Hi All,

I having been reading everyone's posts and I just feel hopeful that my application would be processed. I was sent an email on the fourth of November for an interview on the nineteenth of November which I attended and gave in all my paper work. I have been anxious ever since but now reading everyone's post and realizing that waiting this long is part of a normal process kind of put's me at ease. I found it interesting that Bclarke1983 and I both live in Brownsville and we had the interview on the same day. I'm also in school part time so I hope I will not automatically be disqualified by the way my log number is 1,240. Good luck! to everyone.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:24 PM

111 posts, read 137,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclarke1983 View Post
Just picked up my last paycheck for the year.......It was $50 below the guideline, Thank god. I was a little worried. I worked a few hours overtime last week and didn't even pay myself for the extra hours all cause i was afraid it would go over.
wow that was close

Old 12-23-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
Second interview is pretty much to sign papers and submit more things needed for example I needed to submit more pay stubs and a bank deposit summary..

I do have community preference but I didn't know until the day of the interview lol
I'm community preference too

Old 12-23-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavis21 View Post
I'm community preference too
I submit pay stubs twice even though they still haven't check my credit or job verification

Old 12-23-2015, 09:49 PM

436 posts, read 495,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashe30 View Post
Hi All,

I having been reading everyone's posts and I just feel hopeful that my application would be processed. I was sent an email on the fourth of November for an interview on the nineteenth of November which I attended and gave in all my paper work. I have been anxious ever since but now reading everyone's post and realizing that waiting this long is part of a normal process kind of put's me at ease. I found it interesting that Bclarke1983 and I both live in Brownsville and we had the interview on the same day. I'm also in school part time so I hope I will not automatically be disqualified by the way my log number is 1,240. Good luck! to everyone.
Yeah lets keep our hopes up. This waiting process is annoying but hopefully it will be worth it! Just keep us posted if you get any contact from them! 👍🏼

Old 12-23-2015, 10:13 PM

42 posts, read 51,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post
You had your interview nov 23rd ? Or you got called on nov23rd saying that you got the apartment ?
I got called nov 23rd saying I was selected for a apartment, my interview was dec. 3rd and I was told I was approved dec. 16th

Old 12-24-2015, 02:11 AM

67 posts, read 75,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
Yes I mean she already knew she was getting a 2 bedroom.. The rooms are spacious.. I have a full blown Queen size bedroom set and it fits perfect and I have space.. When I viewed the apartment I was shown 2 different style 2 bedroom apartment.. My nieghbor's 2 bedroom apartment is completely different.. She was telling me that I have more closets space then hers and she fell in love with my apartment because I have a counter in which I can put two bar stools.. Depending on how your apartment will look the kitchen is pretty much attached to the living room unless there's a separation like mine. Bathroom is very spacious
That sounds amazing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery