Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 01:52 PM

436 posts, read 495,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye318 View Post
And then it goes back to being confusing how do they know you aren't qualified unless they're running credit checks and job verification which is clearly not the case I'm not saying I want to be pushed to the front of the line but they should have at least had those parts of the process done for all people this just seems like a never ending process.
Yeah I feel like now they switched up their response so that they don't sound generic but now is more confusing. Cus how would they know who to get too first. And why would they have interviews soooo early if they weren't even up to that part. It's just frustrating and confusing. Smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 06:53 PM

25 posts, read 28,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Yeah I feel like now they switched up their response so that they don't sound generic but now is more confusing. Cus how would they know who to get too first. And why would they have interviews soooo early if they weren't even up to that part. It's just frustrating and confusing. Smh.
Right that's why they should have just been running credit checks and employee verification to eliminate some people from the beginning you have been waiting since November I couldn't of had that patience like I would have been calling everyday to see what's going on

Old 03-29-2016, 08:01 PM

58 posts, read 56,155 times
I called today to check up on what's going on . She asked my interview date which was in February . She asked if I received a follow up interview I said no. She said they are review the files and that they are up to the 800s so far .. Ughhhh

Old 03-29-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecoal View Post
I called today to check up on what's going on . She asked my interview date which was in February . She asked if I received a follow up interview I said no. She said they are review the files and that they are up to the 800s so far .. Ughhhh
800s!?????!!!! 😖😖😖😖😖 that's a let down

Old 03-30-2016, 05:50 AM

Quote:
800s!?????!!!! 😖😖😖😖😖 that's a let down
800??? But howwwwwww if mines is 462, with no preference and I been interviewed in November! This is ridiculous! I have a feeling they going to skip mines!!!! 😔

Old 03-30-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
800??? But howwwwwww if mines is 462, with no preference and I been interviewed in November! This is ridiculous! I have a feeling they going to skip mines!!!! 😔
This just seems like the luck of the draw and if you're called count it as a blessing so I'm going to stop letting it stress me and if they run my info 👌🏿🙌🏿 but I'm going to stop making myself crazy about it

Old 03-30-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
This just seems like the luck of the draw and if you're called count it as a blessing so I'm going to stop letting it stress me and if they run my info 👌🏿🙌🏿 but I'm going to stop making myself crazy about it
Yeah definitely.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
And before when I called they said they seperate preferences and put them in number order and go through each file . Then non preferences .

So at first is it a random lottery THEN u get put in number order ?
I live one block away from the buildings .. There are 3 more open lots that I see they have already marked to start construction to make more buildings . Will some of us have to wait until those are built ?

Also for the people already living there , Is there one big laundry room for all tenants ? Or laundry is in each apartment ? I tried to take a peek and I saw one machine unit in an apartment ?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:27 AM

Being that my log number in preferences is so high. And I kinda have a July deadline to move out , I'm looking for apartments outside of the affordable housing . The rent is so high

Old 03-31-2016, 09:40 AM

32 posts, read 36,037 times
Mu interview was in September 15 2015
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery