Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2020, 08:34 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,045,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple25 View Post
I also received an email letting me know that all available units were filled at the end of September, but a few days ago I received a call notifying me that they have some available apartments and will be reaching out after they've reviewed my documents. Hopefully I hear back soon!
Me too! I didn't say anything so as not to jinx it, hopefully we will hear good news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I also received an email letting me know that all available units were filled at the end of September, but a few days ago I received a call notifying me that they have some available apartments and will be reaching out after they've reviewed my documents. Hopefully I hear back soon!
Have you heard anything back? Our paperwork is pretty recent so maybe all is in order, although I haven't seen the employment verification form hit my office (I would be the one to see it and fill it out anyway).

I actually don't mind they are taking time, my present lease doesn't expire til March so the more time they take, the less hassle I will have if I take it although I don't want them to take TOO long, of course.

Old 11-25-2020, 09:42 AM

4 posts, read 3,409 times
Yes, I actually received a phone call yesterday asking me to provide some more recent pay stubs, bank statements, etc. They also mentioned that someone will be reaching out early next week to schedule a viewing! Seems like things are moving along.

Old 11-25-2020, 02:14 PM

I got a phone call too about that too yesterday, said he'd be sending an email about what paperwork to update and that someone else will call regarding seeing the apartment, he said it was a studio for me (which is the only thing I can afford there anyway). Haven't gotten his email yet though.

Old 11-26-2020, 03:39 PM

4 posts, read 3,409 times
Nice! He sent me an email a few hours after I spoke to him. Maybe they will follow up after the holiday! Did he mention the price of the studio?

Old 11-27-2020, 08:08 AM

No, he didn't mention the price. I know when they were first rented, studios were $1621, I think, so I am thinking it shouldn't be more than 1700. Hopefully I am not wrong about that! I might call him back on Monday to check on updated paperwork if I don't get an email.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Nice! He sent me an email a few hours after I spoke to him. Maybe they will follow up after the holiday! Did he mention the price of the studio?
Where are you at in the process? I finally got a follow-up email this week and just sent updated documents. I had just submitted some documents for another place that I am not as keen about (but a one bed within my range of affordability) so I had it mostly together already. If things move reasonably smooth and I like what I see when I get to see it, the timing is going to be perfect for me.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:43 AM

Viewing an apartment here tomorrow! Hopefully it lives up to expectations...

Old 02-13-2021, 08:34 AM

Well, it looks like I am moving here by April 1. It is an affordable re-rental for the 130-165AMI, although the rent is over $100 less than my current 130AMI apartment. Building is still in excellent shape and well maintained five years on, looks like they have their full act together management-wise, unlike my present building.

I have actually seen three different studio apartments here now, none of which were the one that has photos here on page 15. I took photos but not sure how to get them up here. They are all good sized but with different layouts. The first one had one large window and one main room that included an open kitchen, IIRC it had 3 closets. This one was the least exciting. Two have multiple windows - one has a sectioned off (but still open with the rest of the room) section to the side that *just* fits a full size bed, and an open kitchen that is still fully a part of the main room. It also had 3 closets. This one had two big windows. Neither of these had much of an entry/foyer space. The third studio I think had the most living/dining sq. footage - it had a separate kitchen with enough space for a smail table and 2 chairs, and it also had two windows! Main room had one big window. This one had a lot of empty wall space and a very large entry foyer - could set up both your desk/WFH space and a mud/decontamination space with a chair there. Bathroom seems a bit more spacious than the other two apartments too. This one only has 2 closets though, but still ample storage.

Views were fab from all three but I liked the third apartment's view best - it is just to the right of the construction so the supertall going up is not staring me in the face, and has expansive views E/SE although with other expected construction it will probably get less expansive, but directly in front will always remain open. Construction was going on with the supertall but I lingered awhile to see if it was noisy and the windows do an excellent job of blocking out the noise. I had my choice of the second or third apartments (I was the backup for the first, which I viewed a few weeks earlier, but first in line took it), and I have picked the third one with separate kitchen. Very excited!

Old 02-19-2021, 12:07 PM

Anyway, to close the loop on this - I got approved for the apartment! Will be moving in by April 1. Goes to show that one should also keep watch on re-rentals (actually don't know why I never applied when they had the initial lottery). I initially sent my application last June, but the timing now is absolutely perfect for me.

This was for a 130% AMI studio, re-rental list was only for the 130% AMI apartments, and I'm sure 1 and 2 bedrooms open up much less frequently. Also, they are probably still on the original lottery list for the low-income units. Psyched to move there, it is a very nice building, plus rent is over $100/mo. less than my present place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery