Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 07:15 PM

11 posts, read 29,273 times

Advertisements

I signed my lease this week, management informed me that the HEAT runs off of our electric bill. We as tenants are responsible for paying the electric. The ad said that heating, gas, water was included. Management informed me that if I like my heat high (which I do BC I'm sensitive to the cold, that my electric bill would be high & to be cautious when using the heat). I've never paid for heat, it was always included in my lease. And I've never had the heat run off of electric. I was expecting my monthly electric bill to be under $50 per month (more whn a/c is on) for my 1 bedroom (its just me) but now apparantly I'll be paying for my heat usage & billed for it on my electric bill, which the landlord bills us directly ( we don't get a con ed bill). Does anyone have any idea as to how much the electric bill with heat running off of it, would cost per month?? Anyone that has already received a bill? Just want to get an idea of how much it would be?? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 07:27 PM

296 posts, read 482,634 times
Post lyla45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfnyc11 View Post
I signed my lease this week, management informed me that the HEAT runs off of our electric bill. We as tenants are responsible for paying the electric. The ad said that heating, gas, water was included. Management informed me that if I like my heat high (which I do BC I'm sensitive to the cold, that my electric bill would be high & to be cautious when using the heat). I've never paid for heat, it was always included in my lease. And I've never had the heat run off of electric. I was expecting my monthly electric bill to be under $50 per month (more whn a/c is on) for my 1 bedroom (its just me) but now apparantly I'll be paying for my heat usage & billed for it on my electric bill, which the landlord bills us directly ( we don't get a con ed bill). Does anyone have any idea as to how much the electric bill with heat running off of it, would cost per month?? Anyone that has already received a bill? Just want to get an idea of how much it would be?? Thanks
My bill for the last month was at $58. Also 1 bd-room, PTAC / paying for electric. I'm keeping my PTAC's at 68 degree on thermostat authomatically.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:19 PM

12 posts, read 28,115 times
Anyone a market rate tenant here? How do they compare to the affordable ones? Are they on the same floor?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:53 PM

11 posts, read 29,273 times
Thnks lyla45 for the heat info. 68 degrees in a 1 bedrm which im also getting at $58 will likely mean double for me. Not a fan of the cold (lease starts jan 1st, already gave deposit etc and im all set.
Signifia, n regrds to the market rate unit everythng seems the same (google 70 fleet st brooklyn ny aka 7 dekalb ave brooklyn ).i had choice of a high or low flr bc it was available at the time. The market rate units are mixed in with the lottery units. We share basically everything (entrance, doorman , etc).

Old 12-28-2016, 07:15 PM

Anyone have pictures, sizes, or floor plans for the studios? I have seen plenty of 1br/2br but none of the studios.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:34 AM

14 posts, read 23,495 times
Default Studio Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Significa View Post
Anyone have pictures, sizes, or floor plans for the studios? I have seen plenty of 1br/2br but none of the studios.
My studio is 488 sq ft. Well that's what I was told. I don't know how to correctly measure to be certain but it seems about right. My unit has three closets. Two regular and one with shelves. Quite large bathroom and kitchen, comparative to other new construction studios.

I have my full size bed, sofa, dresser, console table, 2 end tables, coffee table and two counter stools and i still have room to do yoga!

Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveActor View Post
My studio is 488 sq ft. Well that's what I was told. I don't know how to correctly measure to be certain but it seems about right. My unit has three closets. Two regular and one with shelves. Quite large bathroom and kitchen, comparative to other new construction studios.

I have my full size bed, sofa, dresser, console table, 2 end tables, coffee table and two counter stools and i still have room to do yoga!

Sorry, I don't have any pictures.
Thanks! Does it look similar to the pictures posted on https://www.city-data.com/forum/45891137-post145.html

I am supposed to view a studio next week. Any other things you would like to note about your studio/building?

Old 01-17-2017, 11:58 AM

14 posts, read 23,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Significa View Post
Thanks! Does it look similar to the pictures posted on https://www.city-data.com/forum/45891137-post145.html?

I am supposed to view a studio next week. Any other things you would like to note about your studio/building?
Yup. Pictures are exactly the same.

I'd note that they are building 'Brooklyn's tallest building' right in front of my building...and my window. Cue the construction noises.

I didn't know this prior to signing the lease. I haven't checked in with Winn to find out if they knew about the construction or not. If they did, shame on them for not disclosing. If they did not, it's unfortunate they weren't properly informed about the building's environment.

Would knowing have changed my decision to move in? Maybe. Maybe not. I would have appreciated the opportunity to choose though.

What floor is the studio on?

Old 02-11-2017, 09:03 AM

6 posts, read 7,960 times
I just got a notice for an interview for this Thursday for a middle income 2 bedroom. It sounds like this may be for the wait list though. It sounds like all the apartments are filled..

Old 02-11-2017, 10:06 AM

954 posts, read 942,095 times
I live here and I can answer a few questions.

I have a middle income 2 bed. The building is amazing, your very lucky if you get picked. The city target just opening downstairs and the supernarket in there is great. It has everything you need. I can't wait for the Trader Joe's and Dekalb market hall to open.

As for the heating and electric, me and my family keep everything around 78 degrees. I rented a new building in fort green before I came here. My electric bill in my old place was between $200 and $400 a month depending on the season. Here at city point for my 950sqft apartment my bill hasn't been over $100 at a solid 78 degrees every other day. Granted I have 2 nest thermostats that help me conserve when I'm not around. Compared to what I was paying previously for electricity I'm ecstatic.

The market rate units are mixed in throughout the building. I think every apartment has a great view, even the units on the 5th floor have a nice view. From my place I can see the Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty.

Suffice to say I am never leaving lol

Last edited by Principle Lewis; 02-11-2017 at 10:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery