Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 10:47 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycreddevils View Post
It was the same process this time around, in and out 2 minutes. Is this how all interviews are with different management companies?
No. I participated in a few lotteries, and they usually just collect copies of your paperwork and then ask you other questions like "are you pregnant or expecting" and "do you have other members in your family who live in the metropolitan area"

Anyways, I'm really hoping I get called for this one. I'm log 15,xxx. It's a high log number, but since there is no community preference, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 11:16 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbk View Post
Interesting! When was your interview? Are you still in the process of waiting to hear back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycreddevils View Post
It was the same process this time around, in and out 2 minutes. Is this how all interviews are with different management companies?
No, most sit done and go through your paper work with you.

Which I like cause as a freelancer they show me how they figure out my income.
With VIA, I interviewed half way through the year, they came to the conclusion I made less money for they whole year then the amount I could prove for half the way. When I appealed they claimed I did not mail it in time even though I mailed it two days before the deadline. (I have an email as proof what day I needed to mail it by and my response and receipt from the post office to prove when I mailed it). I had about 100 pages in my appeal, so I concluded they didn't want to go through all the pages and deal with me. After that I threw my hand up and complained about them to the city.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:24 AM

18 posts, read 26,010 times
Well that first "interview" part was a waste of time. I would've planned my day better if all I needed to do was drop paper work off and sign forms. Now have to wait 5 or so days to see if I'm approved and most likely will need to return for another "interview".

Old 01-22-2018, 08:30 AM

33 posts, read 43,691 times
Spidey, I felt the same way did not feel like an interview at all!. I was contacted couple days after requesting my employer to complete my employee verification and I sent it over the same day. Got a response saying " we have received all your documents" not sure what to take from that.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:39 AM

Nycreddevils yeah, I just wish their communication was better, kind of just left in the dark. This is not good for anyone's mental health. Lol well since I took a day off for this I guess it's kind of now a mental health day. When was the last time you heard from them?

Old 01-22-2018, 08:45 AM

33 posts, read 43,691 times
Yea I know what you mean there was no communication at all. Left there not feeling any better about my chances lol. I heard from them on Friday the 19th.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:28 AM

Well I hope Wtvr paperwork you gave and your background/credit check will be enough. Keep me posted on your situation. I'm really curious about the people who were able to get one from VIA. Some of them have disappeared after getting the keys, Itd be great to see the whole process from them.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:37 AM

49 posts, read 62,793 times
Still waiting for email confirmation for my "Interview" but I believe I picked Wednesday on the cal, I'll definitely keep everyone here posted on the process as far as I go. Good luck to everyone!

Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 AM

49 posts, read 62,793 times
Just got confirmation-- but it was for the 31st instead of the appointment I preferred. anyway-- Fingers crossed!

Old 01-22-2018, 11:40 AM

Ccbk it's all good. Just make sure to get all that paperwork required. Process will be more seamless I assume if they don't have to keep requesting for things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery