Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 7,146 times

Advertisements

Can anyone provide information on 1199 east river Landing, Manhattan
I applied and hoping to move in soon,
I was curious on the condition of the units when they sell it to you, or anyone who is familiar with Mitchell co-ops in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 03:16 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
1199 is rather ghetto. It's undergoing exterior, and interior maintenance. Some apartments are duplex. Your apartment should be move in ready when it's given to you.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:24 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
I think it is a wise choice. They look well kept and rather nice.

Nice market onsite. Security looks good. VERY Hispanic.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:40 AM

When did you apply HB?

Old 05-10-2016, 06:57 PM

35 posts, read 85,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem Baby View Post
Can anyone provide information on 1199 east river Landing, Manhattan
I applied and hoping to move in soon,
I was curious on the condition of the units when they sell it to you, or anyone who is familiar with Mitchell co-ops in general

My Dad got a call to see a 3 bedroom apt/duplex at this location. They were going to have the apt redone because the previous owner lived there for over 40 years and things were old/broken. If I'm not mistaken the cost was about $55,000 and maintenance fees about $1150. We didn't like the area because parking would be tough and the waiting list for parking was over 1 year long. The apt itself was kinda small.. bedrooms were small, balcony would barley fit 1 person standing but the view was nice. My dad couldn't do the steps up and down daily so we turned it down. In my opinion the area seemed ghetto not that I have anything against it but not to raise my children.

Also depending on the Mitchell Lama, some apartments are take "as is" and some they give to you kinda redone (painted, kitchen cabinets, bathroom sink/cabinet. It depends on the property management for each development.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:03 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyandHappy View Post
My Dad got a call to see a 3 bedroom apt/duplex at this location. They were going to have the apt redone because the previous owner lived there for over 40 years and things were old/broken. If I'm not mistaken the cost was about $55,000 and maintenance fees about $1150. We didn't like the area because parking would be tough and the waiting list for parking was over 1 year long. The apt itself was kinda small.. bedrooms were small, balcony would barley fit 1 person standing but the view was nice. My dad couldn't do the steps up and down daily so we turned it down. In my opinion the area seemed ghetto not that I have anything against it but not to raise my children.

Also depending on the Mitchell Lama, some apartments are take "as is" and some they give to you kinda redone (painted, kitchen cabinets, bathroom sink/cabinet. It depends on the property management for each development.
I looooove when people verify my information. Repped.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:39 AM

so we turned it down.

I fear you will regret that decision.

waiting list for parking was over 1 year long.

THat is a short waiting list for discount parking and the charge for parking probably not much more than $100/month.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
so we turned it down.

I fear you will regret that decision.

waiting list for parking was over 1 year long.

THat is a short waiting list for discount parking and the charge for parking probably not much more than $100/month.
No regrets because we are currently in a Mitchell lama as of Sept 2015 we were waiting for in Brooklyn, so we are happy . We needed parking because my dad has difficulty walking and to always look for parking when he drives would have been hard. We also own 2 cars so that I could see being a nightmare. Parking I think was $150 for that development.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I looooove when people verify my information. Repped.
Your welcome, I hope it helped

Old 05-12-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyandHappy View Post
No regrets because we are currently in a Mitchell lama as of Sept 2015 we were waiting for in Brooklyn, so we are happy . We needed parking because my dad has difficulty walking and to always look for parking when he drives would have been hard. We also own 2 cars so that I could see being a nightmare. Parking I think was $150 for that development.

Well then, congratulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery