Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 12:48 PM

186 posts, read 264,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernestone View Post
Hello everyone! I was the first person to see a unit in Oct. I am part of the 2% disability preference. I was told congratulations after seeing the unit, Shouldn't be long at all, and still waiting. I'm not concerned that there's anything wrong, just the waiting process till move in date is stressful! All packed, due to multiple disabilities it would have been impossible to pack in a short period, so took about 2 months to get ready for the move. sold family jewelry to get new furniture and rugs, it's been very difficult living out of boxes since Oct, but it's worth it!!!
Congrats Erne, keep us updated!

Old 02-08-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerumBabe View Post
Does anyone know the office hours of MHANY?

I have followed up regarding my file and they told me that I may come in any time during business hours to inquire on the status of my application.

To date they have provided updates via email. I am not sure if they would have me come in just to let me know Ive been denied or waitlisted. Id hope not.

Has anyone else received this response?
I think they say about 5:30pm but I went in later than that once.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISEP170 View Post
Oh okay thanks.

Yeah its over for me. congrats
I thought you went into sign your HDC paperwork?

Old 02-08-2017, 12:55 PM

31 posts, read 37,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernestone View Post
Hello everyone! I was the first person to see a unit in Oct. I am part of the 2% disability preference. I was told congratulations after seeing the unit, Shouldn't be long at all, and still waiting. I'm not concerned that there's anything wrong, just the waiting process till move in date is stressful! All packed, due to multiple disabilities it would have been impossible to pack in a short period, so took about 2 months to get ready for the move. sold family jewelry to get new furniture and rugs, it's been very difficult living out of boxes since Oct, but it's worth it!!!
Congratulations !

Old 02-08-2017, 12:59 PM

7 posts, read 5,891 times
Anyone else assigned a handicapped unit and still waiting? I'm assuming the many accommodations/changes must be the holdup.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:07 PM

132 posts, read 178,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
I thought you went into sign your HDC paperwork?
No I interviewed and submitted all of my paper work.
No CB pref but my log number was really low 2XX I was never called to submit to HDC. I interviewed back in October.

I have reason to believe that my income bracket was filled by cb preffed and disability preffed people. There is no more space in my brackets and that is why I am saying that I am out of the running.

It's okay though I don't want to dampens anyone else's joy, I should have never even dreamed about this actually happening working out for me, that was dumb of me. At least I don't have to keep anxiously waiting and hoping anymore. I am very depressed but congrats everyone.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:20 PM

86 posts, read 104,332 times
Quote:
No CB pref but my log number was really low 2XX I was never called to submit to HDC. I interviewed back in October.

I have reason to believe that my income bracket was filled by cb preffed and disability preffed people. There is no more space in my brackets and that is why I am saying that I am out of the running.

It's okay though I don't want to dampens anyone else's joy, I should have never even dreamed about this actually happening working out for me, that was dumb of me. At least I don't have to keep anxiously waiting and hoping anymore. I am very depressed but congrats everyone.
I don't think you are out of the running just as yet. Just think about they are just starting to look at non pref log numbers. Mine was really low (in the teens) and I just got called back to look at paperwork again. Keep the hope alive hun. We are not out of the running yet. I'm just awaiting to see what they are doing with my paperwork this time around. And Im about to fight to get this apartment tooth and nails. My boys need more space and I'm gonna get it for them in this beautiful apartment.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:21 PM

86 posts, read 104,332 times
I have a question tho. Is anyone applying for the two bedrooms? I feel like i'm the only one in this forum that is trying to get one.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:22 PM

35 posts, read 75,246 times
Quote:

I interviewed in October as well, a disabled veteran (mobility) and I haven't heard anything either. I know how you feel, I was hoping to her something by now, but it doesn't seem like I will. I applied for 38 6th ave, but MHANY is doing that one too. I have no confidence in them. Congrats to those that got in.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:30 PM

I think we would've heard about a lot more waitlists and rejections if this thing was close to being over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery