Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 10:19 AM

9 posts, read 14,245 times

Advertisements

Hello, I had my interview today for 461 dean. I was so nervous but they didn't ask me anything at all. I don't know what to expect. Did any of you guys given any paperwork to take back home with you? A confirmation letter or anything?

Old 09-14-2016, 10:37 AM

56 posts, read 93,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newuser11 View Post
Hello, I had my interview today for 461 dean. I was so nervous but they didn't ask me anything at all. I don't know what to expect. Did any of you guys given any paperwork to take back home with you? A confirmation letter or anything?
Did you have all your paperwork? How was the wait time? What's your log #?
I replied to the email to schedule my interview, but I haven't heard back. Voicemail is full. I spoke to someone there and she said to wait for an email reply. Do they have "interviews" at 461 Dean or somewhere else? Do they tell you anything about your odds of getting an apartment? I can understand being nervous for sure. Best of luck! I hope we can all be neighbors soon

Old 09-14-2016, 11:23 AM

9 posts, read 14,245 times
I had everything but the letter from the person I live with (they didn't accept the lease even tho I am on it), The guy that I had didn't take any of my documents until everything was in order. He said I had until Friday to bring in the missing paper but I wanted to get everything done with today so I left and got what I needed. It all went in pretty quick. I feel like it was too quick. My waiting time was 5 minutes and the time I took too sit with the interviewer was also about 5 minutes. Literally all he did was have me sign a paper to get a credit check (which he didn't know how long that took) and went over the documents I had. I thought it would be more questions or paperwork. My log # is pretty high 9K, the interview is held at their office downtown Brooklyn. I was ease dropping and heard a lady tell another applicant that if you hear back within 2/3 weeks that means most likely that you were rejected. It should take 2 months if you are approved. the guy I had, I'm assuming was new because he was unsure about a lot of things. Yes! Hopefully, good luck. You should hear back from them within 24 hours of scheduling your interview through email

Old 09-14-2016, 12:21 PM

246 posts, read 486,303 times
Quote:
I had everything but the letter from the person I live with (they didn't accept the lease even tho I am on it), The guy that I had didn't take any of my documents until everything was in order. He said I had until Friday to bring in the missing paper but I wanted to get everything done with today so I left and got what I needed. It all went in pretty quick. I feel like it was too quick. My waiting time was 5 minutes and the time I took too sit with the interviewer was also about 5 minutes. Literally all he did was have me sign a paper to get a credit check (which he didn't know how long that took) and went over the documents I had. I thought it would be more questions or paperwork. My log # is pretty high 9K, the interview is held at their office downtown Brooklyn. I was ease dropping and heard a lady tell another applicant that if you hear back within 2/3 weeks that means most likely that you were rejected. It should take 2 months if you are approved. the guy I had, I'm assuming was new because he was unsure about a lot of things. Yes! Hopefully, good luck. You should hear back from them within 24 hours of scheduling your interview through email

same thing that was told to me via email when i asked about my process.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:23 PM

36 posts, read 60,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
same thing that was told to me via email when i asked about my process.
I can deal with that

Old 09-14-2016, 12:35 PM

56 posts, read 93,653 times
Quote:
Thank you for the reply. Sounds like it went really well. You have everything submitted now.
I have all my documents with the exception of a letter from my landlord, but I have all my deposited checks. I hope that works. I need to copy everything though. I panicked when I couldn't find my social security card, but I finally did. It's been over 24 hrs and no scheduled interview yet.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:40 PM

91 posts, read 136,794 times
Hey Newuser11, read back to get all the answers to the questions you have.

We began giving feedback about our interviews on page 14 of this thread.

We were very thorough in explaining. lol. Lots of your questions will be answered there.

ps. I received a copy of the checklist confirmation page, it had some minor information on how to reach them and noted anything I had left out. We were there for about 20 minutes with the interviewer.

Quote:

Old 09-14-2016, 02:07 PM

33 posts, read 73,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
Well you can't knock a newbie for having dreams! lol.

I'm shocked at City Point. That is absurd. I didn't hear from them! I wish I did though. Then again, no clue about my salary bracket in relation to what they needed.

All I can do is hope this doesn't take as long. I'm a hopeful. I have to be to win a lottery, right? lol.
Well it won't take a year for you to get called if you already did a preliminary interview . If you have you have everything in order then you'll get the apartment in no time but for those with high log number like my self for this project , I am holding hope to be called because the city point project was barely occupied by occupants when they call me 10 months after.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:34 PM

74 posts, read 93,489 times
For what it's worth:

Found out my rejection was tripped up by a 1099 form on my last tax return (I do some freelance work) and so they required tax returns back to 2013. This was not stated in the original email I got, so I didn't know to bring them. I called and emailed for 2 days before I finally got someone on the phone - who tried to make me come in for an appeal .... between 9-5, M-F. I explained those hours were not possible, I just started a new job, can't take off work, etc etc. We went back and forth, finally I got to talk to a supervisor - whose name I won't give out but was incredibly rude. She finally agreed to take my missing tax forms via email without an appeal... we'll see what happens. :/

Old 09-14-2016, 08:12 PM

114 posts, read 180,350 times
crwnhtsresident that worries me because i had a 1099 on my last form (i too freelance sometimes), i brought 3 years of tax returns, and when i offered them, my intake person TOLD ME TO KEEP THEM! that's insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.