Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 10:32 AM

91 posts, read 136,788 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your story!

I like how it looks but it does look like showroom and it really will be what you make of it. I know from ym cousin landing in an affordable luxury building that it can be given life, but they way they show them online, they look very clean, minimalistic and well basic.

I kinda love it though. lol.

As far as saying I got confirmation from them, the only reason I got confirmation was because I asked for it after sending in documents they felt were missing post interview.
They confirmed they received one email but not the other.

So I sent a final email listing all I had sent and asked them to confirm that my packet was completed with everything they needed from me. They did. That wasn't a confirmation that it was sent to HPD, or that it had been thoroughly looked through It was just to confirm that everything they asked me for, they received from me.

Sorry for the delayed response and hope this helps ease your mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
Hi everyone,

I just stumbled upon this site today when searching "461 Dean." I'm a low-to-middle income person new to the lottery and got called for an interview, as several of you did, in the beginning of August. Have a CB preference, as I'm in western Crown Heights now, and have been for a while. My log # was in the mid 4Ks, fyi.

Just weighing in to add my experience - had no problem with the paperwork, except had to email my birth cert in a few days after the process. Haven't heard anything since, but curious because I read a post where one of you stated you got a confirmation from them that your app was complete. Should I be worried if I never heard from them? Never got a confirmation that they got my birth cert, and never thought to follow up with them about it. In fact, I didn't really think much about this since the interview -- I'm used to rejection in general, lol, so I tend to put things out of my mind rather than dwell.

Also - affordable housing would be amazing for me, especially above such a transportation hub into the city, but - damn, does anyone else think those apartments look prefab as hell? I mean I know that's the point, but it looks, from what I can see going by late at night, like low ceilings and ugly 70s style fluorescent lights in the kitchens. I mean, not saying I'd turn it down for aesthetics, but seriously... doesn't seem like that attractive of a set up.

Anyway thanks for posting here, great to read other experiences similar to my own, and good luck to all!

Old 09-12-2016, 10:42 AM

246 posts, read 486,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
gtfoh. 2 months? lol. So... about that December move in date... guess that was WAY more realistic.

LOL i think move in date will be January/February

Old 09-12-2016, 10:56 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,062,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
so I emailed 461 Dean on Friday to see what process they were with my application. I just received and email stating that I have to wait at least 2 months to hear back anything.

ok now back to waiting...........
Hey Sammy,

Which development will you take if they call you for both?

Old 09-12-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Hey Sammy,

Which development will you take if they call you for both?

i have thought about that, and it all depends on what location the Park Monroe apartment is. they have various locations and i really just want 1 which is the Putnum Avenue location. But i passed that building on Sunday and its no where near finished.

so I will chose Dean Street if I get called. I really want to see what inside looks like. I passed the building on Saturday with my daughter and alot of work is still going on.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:14 PM

18 posts, read 25,943 times
461 dean is still holding interviews, I know someone that is going to one around the 20th of September, this process is annoying

Old 09-12-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelether View Post
461 dean is still holding interviews, I know someone that is going to one around the 20th of September, this process is annoying

lol i am so over it already.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:05 PM

91 posts, read 136,788 times
Oh. my. wow.

Throwing my hands in the air. lol.

Welp, I'll be continuing the decoration of my current home. I held off thinking maybe just maybe we'd hear back soon.

Time to move on like business as usual and be surprised when the letter comes.

And here I thought we were on to something.

I should have know that since they haven't even begun promoting the building for regular apartments that this would be much longer than expected.

Now December will bring a gift or a lump of coal for sure. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelether View Post

Old 09-12-2016, 05:05 PM

74 posts, read 93,482 times
So. I just got a rejection letter in the mail for "You never submitted all documentation required for us to consider your file." Which is BS - as per my previous post just 2 days ago, the only thing I was missing was my birth cert., which I emailed to them two days after my interview, and never got a reply. Obviously they never added it to my file. smh.

Obviously I've already called and left a message about an appeal.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
So. I just got a rejection letter in the mail for "You never submitted all documentation required for us to consider your file." Which is BS - as per my previous post just 2 days ago, the only thing I was missing was my birth cert., which I emailed to them two days after my interview, and never got a reply. Obviously they never added it to my file. smh.

Obviously I've already called and left a message about an appeal.
Wow that is crazy this is why you have to stay on top of them with your documentation. I say go down to the office as well. That is just crazy.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:26 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,862,936 times
I just got an invitation for this lottery via email and my log # was like 15K. I'm excited because it's a truly affordable unit for my income unlike the other ones I got an interview for. Anyone know if pets are allowed in this building? I won't waste anyone's time if I can't bring my dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery