Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2016, 01:53 PM

6,711 posts, read 6,117,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENISEP170 View Post
Hello all,

I just had my interview today. My log is in the 200's I had all my paperwork ready so I just went in and handed my paperwork, filled out a w-2's form + a credit/criminal record review form.

My interviewer told me that some people have already moved in and that mhny is trying to close out on interviews because they're starting a new building soon.

They also said that rejection letters don't necessarily mean you've been rejected. They just expect you to bring the appropriate paperwork to prove they're wrong and that they can continue the vetting process, which they treat in phases. Income is the most important one and it seems that most people get rejected because of that.

Which means that you just have to meet their qualifications and you're good to go. She said my log number was good because it was low. Perhaps the lower the better?

Anyways... now we wait... I can only pray and best of luck everyone.
Hey Denise - that is great news! Do you have CB preference?
Hope you get it!

Old 11-01-2016, 07:43 PM

86 posts, read 104,494 times
Just realized I'm in community board 8.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:55 AM

132 posts, read 178,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Hey Denise - that is great news! Do you have CB preference?
Hope you get it!
Hi,

No I do not have CB preference or disabilities.

But it didn't sound like I wouldn't get it because of that. The lady I spoke to was very kind and clear that I just have to pass the vetting through process to be approved for a unit and that I may be called in to see one.

She also said that we have a choice between 1br and studios if you qualify for both.
Rejection letters don't mean you're disqualified, but rather that you are required to bring in paper work to prove them wrong.

It is apparent from that statement, that the only way you can get disqualified after receiving a "rejection letter" is if you don't have the documentation to prove them wrong about their suspicions of you. This is pretty much a vet through, qualify and approve process.

I am very optimistic, there are so many units and I am sure I meet the requirements.

I am praying that nothing goes wrong in the vetting process and that my application was submitted. They seemed to be working really fast and somewhat disorganized. She told me that 11/1 was the last day they were conducting interviews. She was so great bless that woman she went out of her way to interview me.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:59 AM

44 posts, read 89,265 times
Oh wow so no luck for me getting called ): congrats to everybody who did and are just waiting to get an approval

Old 11-02-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendi1 View Post
Oh wow so no luck for me getting called ): congrats to everybody who did and are just waiting to get an approval
why not, why do you think you wont get called????

Old 11-02-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
why not, why do you think you wont get called????
The lady told you 11/1 was gonna be the last day they were conducting interviews meaning they're not calling anybody else in am I correct? Because they're gonna move on to the next building

Old 11-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
The lady told you 11/1 was gonna be the last day they were conducting interviews meaning they're not calling anybody else in am I correct? Because they're gonna move on to the next building
yeah but I wouldn't let that discourage you... you never know what may happen. When I applied for my interview I saw that they were conducting interviews through the fourth. So who knows Im just sharing the information I received to be as helpful as I can to the community, but you should know that everything everyone is saying on here isn't necessarily true. Not because were lying (I am not saying that) but rather because we are not hearing it from the horse's mouth

Old 11-02-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
yeah but I wouldn't let that discourage you... you never know what may happen. When I applied for my interview I saw that they were conducting interviews through the fourth. So who knows Im just sharing the information I received to be as helpful as I can to the community, but you should know that everything everyone is saying on here isn't necessarily true. Not because were lying (I am not saying that) but rather because we are not hearing it from the horse's mouth
Thank you for the clarification Denise I got sad and said how unfair it was haha now I feel better

Old 11-02-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification Denise I got sad and said how unfair it was haha now I feel better
No Problem, were you called in for an interview yet?

Old 11-02-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
No Problem, were you called in for an interview yet?
Not yet still waiting! Since I have a low log they do it sporadic I believe, because I always seen people with a higher log number be called before a low one CB preference or none
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery