Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 07:52 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,845,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_222 View Post
my log # is 60,768
You must have a CB preference, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 07:53 AM

127 posts, read 279,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest228 View Post
My log# was somewhere btwn 15k-16k (I literally did not expect to even get called) and I also have CB4 preference, currently residing in chelsea(I previously got chosen for another NYCHA lottery apartment)- downside is NYCHA does not allow me to break my lease so i have to cough up the 3months left on my lease before moving -_- (thankful it wasn't more)- @Kahnman- did you have any problems breaking your lease as well?
Congrats!!!! Have you seen the 2 bed apt if yes does the kitchen come with stainless steal appliances and how big are the bedrooms? Which line are the 2bedroom is it on the E line...i when for the interview today and I'm waiting for HDP approval.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
You must have a CB preference, right?
yes i live one block away from 555 Tenth Avenue

Old 03-01-2017, 10:38 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,845,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_222 View Post
yes i live one block away from 555 Tenth Avenue
It's amazing to me how a log number of 60,000 can get a unit in CB4 in Manhattan but people with CB preferences and log numbers under 2,000 are being placed on the waiting list at 535 Carlton and 461 Dean...

Old 03-02-2017, 07:34 AM

Has anyone here seen the units?

Old 03-03-2017, 08:47 AM

11 posts, read 26,035 times
Sorry- havent been on the thread in a while- Im not sure what other lines they have 2bedrooms on but they placed us on the 'N' line. And yes, the units do come equipped with stainless steel appliances/wood floors and bedrooms are spacious compared to our previous manhattan apartment. I wish you luck- if all you are awaiting for is HPD approval then you already have one foot in the door :-). After I received approval I was moved in a few weeks later. Keep us updated!

Old 03-16-2017, 08:45 AM

39 posts, read 115,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest228 View Post
Sorry- havent been on the thread in a while- Im not sure what other lines they have 2bedrooms on but they placed us on the 'N' line. And yes, the units do come equipped with stainless steel appliances/wood floors and bedrooms are spacious compared to our previous manhattan apartment. I wish you luck- if all you are awaiting for is HPD approval then you already have one foot in the door :-). After I received approval I was moved in a few weeks later. Keep us updated!

Have you recieved your first electric bill yet? I finally got my callback to submit updated paystubs etc. I'm curious as to how much electric may be on average. Also for the N line does that face the city or the hudson?

Old 03-16-2017, 08:56 AM

236 posts, read 446,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnman View Post
Have you recieved your first electric bill yet? I finally got my callback to submit updated paystubs etc. I'm curious as to how much electric may be on average. Also for the N line does that face the city or the hudson?
Congrats everyone on this building. Also dont take the N line that is far from the building. 555 Ten is closest to the ACE lines then you'll have to walk a bit. I would love to live here. Good luck to everyone!

Old 03-17-2017, 09:53 AM

39 posts, read 115,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melle7790 View Post
Congrats everyone on this building. Also dont take the N line that is far from the building. 555 Ten is closest to the ACE lines then you'll have to walk a bit. I would love to live here. Good luck to everyone!
Oh no lol. I meant the N line as in the line of apartments. Not the train station. Thanks tho.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:12 AM

236 posts, read 446,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnman View Post
Oh no lol. I meant the N line as in the line of apartments. Not the train station. Thanks tho.
Haha ok. Still good luck to everyone. I am still waiting to get called for this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery