Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 11:41 AM

39 posts, read 115,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest228 View Post
It was actually less than $200($170 to be exact) - and yes the heat is electric based and according to Con ed is what hiked up the bill. There is also a design flaw with the way the vents are layer out causing the apartment to not circulate the heat as it's suppose to (at least in the "N" line) thankfully weather is getting nicer so I am hoping the bill will be extremely lower next time around *finngers crossed*
Ok cool. Thanks for the info. My concern is running the heat and plus my equipment. I just have to get into the habit of cutting things off when not in use. Was you running the heat constantl or only when you were home? Sorry im asking so many questions lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 01:09 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,843,455 times
How does electric heat work in NYC? There is a law that says landlords must provide heat and hot water to tenants. Does this not apply to buildings with electric heat? That seems like it would get very expensive.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
How does electric heat work in NYC? There is a law that says landlords must provide heat and hot water to tenants. Does this not apply to buildings with electric heat? That seems like it would get very expensive.
Thats what im trying to figure out. I think you pay basically the electricity for the blower to blow the heat around the apartment.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:51 PM

11 posts, read 25,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnman View Post
Thats what im trying to figure out. I think you pay basically the electricity for the blower to blow the heat around the apartment.
Thats exactly what it is- and yes I had the bad habit of taking it out of auto and leaving it on "ON" all day especially during the cold days. I have my next reading on the 17th and since I have been better about not leaving it on all day hopefully it'll be ALOT cheaper.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Thats exactly what it is- and yes I had the bad habit of taking it out of auto and leaving it on "ON" all day especially during the cold days. I have my next reading on the 17th and since I have been better about not leaving it on all day hopefully it'll be ALOT cheaper.
Thanks so much for all of the info.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:34 PM

150 posts, read 253,038 times
i saw someone in the thread got a 2br.. does it have 2 bathrooms too? washer dryer in unit?

Old 04-27-2017, 02:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,984 times
Is there any one get call from them not in CB4 PREFERENCE LIST. If yes may I know what's your log number please. My log number is not so far.. I am waiting

Old 05-01-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
It was actually less than $200($170 to be exact) - and yes the heat is electric based and according to Con ed is what hiked up the bill. There is also a design flaw with the way the vents are layer out causing the apartment to not circulate the heat as it's suppose to (at least in the "N" line) thankfully weather is getting nicer so I am hoping the bill will be extremely lower next time around *finngers crossed*
Did you get you latest electricity bill? Just wondering was it much less w/you monitoring the heat and all.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDavis View Post
i saw someone in the thread got a 2br.. does it have 2 bathrooms too? washer dryer in unit?
2 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms, washer, dryer and a dishwasher as well. I saw my apt last week. It is waaaay up there lol. Difference for me because im coming from living on the 3rd floor.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:00 PM

150 posts, read 253,038 times
my heat is also electric in my affordable apartment. for us, they deduct a heat allowance from our rent, so our rent is lower now. but this did not happen until i lived in my apartment for almost a year. but its been 2 years now and the heat allowance has been applied ever since...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery