Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 07:53 AM

4 posts, read 9,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretasimone View Post
Got this email a few minutes ago. CB preference, log #10xxx. Oh well. Anyone ever heard any success stories of people on waiting lists?

Dear Applicant:
Thank you for your application for the above captioned project. Due to the fact that we received an extremely large number of applications, we will not be able to accommodate all those who have applied. You were contacted for further processing due to your log number and preference status (disability/community board/municipal employee). However, there are currently more eligible applicants ahead of you than the number of units available. Therefore we are not able to process your application further at this time.

Your application and all documents submitted will be held on file in our office. Should we reach your log number later in the lease-up process we will contact you, however please note that given the high volume of applications we received this is unlikely to happen.

We may contact you in the future to confirm your continued interest in remaining on this waiting list and to update your application information.
Got the same email, my log number is 6XXX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 07:54 AM

4 posts, read 5,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasworks View Post
Got the same email, my log number is 6XXX.
Me, too. Got the same email last night. I'm 6XXX with CB preference. Oh well. Good luck to all those who are still in it.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:58 AM

74 posts, read 131,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postingandtoasting View Post
Me, too. Got the same email last night. I'm 6XXX with CB preference. Oh well. Good luck to all those who are still in it.
I'm a 6xxx with CB preference but haven't gotten it yet. I guess it must be on it's way.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowanusdweller View Post
The snow on Thurs cancelled my appointment. The next available was for next thurs, so i won't see it until then. In the meantime I've had a number of back and forths with HDC having to provide more clarifications on my income. Tense times. Anyone else see an apartment yet?
If you don't mind sharing, what is your log number? Just wondering how high or low they are right now with CB.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:10 AM

186 posts, read 264,848 times
Log #17XX
CB Pref

Just got the waitlist email as well, fyi.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:12 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,854,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
Log #17XX
CB Pref

Waitlisted with a number of 1700 and a CB preference?! Seriously?

Old 02-16-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Log #17XX
CB Pref

What was the timestamp on that email?

Old 02-16-2017, 11:26 AM

186 posts, read 264,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
What was the timestamp on that email?
Feb 15, 9:46pm

Old 02-16-2017, 11:28 AM

24 posts, read 39,825 times
Default Another perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Waitlisted with a number of 1700 and a CB preference?! Seriously?
Based on my experience in applying and observations, I gather that it's not only about your number and CB preference but also about your income, which pool of apartments you're being considered for, and how many are available.

So someone with a CB preference and a low log number but the 5th qualifying person for 4 apartments in that income pool would probably be on the wait list.

And someone with a higher number with CB preference going for a pool of let's say 25 apartments might not be wait listed yet or may still be in consideration if there hasn't been 25 people matched to that pool who are eligible and verified before him or her.

There are also people with low log numbers and/or CB preference but after review they may be considered ineligible. So the review goes on.

So many things to consider and factor in... but it's hard to compare for other people without knowing which income bracket they're eligible for. Don't torture yourself too much.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Feb 15, 9:46pm
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery