Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 10:53 PM

11 posts, read 24,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
Thanks! I was on the waitlist, pulled from the waitlist, and now going through the "extreme" vetting process before I sign the affidavit for my file to go to HPD/HDC. It's remarkable the detail they look at these files.
Hey! Do you mind sharing when you got waitlisted, if you're in a preference group, number of bedrooms you're going for and your log #? Ex: 8xx

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 08:37 PM

12 posts, read 19,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
How was the unit and the building? Are any people moved it yet?
Yes, some people already moved in. Though contruction is still going on.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:40 PM

74 posts, read 131,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em_El View Post
Hey! Do you mind sharing when you got waitlisted, if you're in a preference group, number of bedrooms you're going for and your log #? Ex: 8xx

Thank You!
Waitlisted March 3rd. CB preference. Studio. Would rather not give my log number.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:59 PM

125 posts, read 364,103 times
Anyone else been contacted from the waiting list to come in? I haven't heard anything yet, log 1XX and eligible for only 4 apartments so I'm not counting on it

Old 03-27-2017, 03:18 PM

12 posts, read 24,320 times
Default Newb

Hey folks - extremely new to this process. Applied back in July and completely forgot about it. Log number of 25xxx and got called in for an interview next week. In a middle income band, hoping for a 1br. How likely is it that any of this is actually going to work out? I've got all my financials in order, but seeing some of the responses here isn't exactly giving me hope. If I'm called in and my paperwork is good and I have a preference for a 1br, is it at all possible I'll get it?

Old 03-27-2017, 03:37 PM

114 posts, read 180,293 times
crwnhigh, i'm really surprised you got called in -- i was log #11,xxx, CB preference, middle-income, and got told i was indefinitely waitlisted. i mean, if they have you coming in, you have some kind of shot, just don't pin your hopes on this.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM

12 posts, read 24,320 times
knightofcoins37 to be totally honest I am very surprised! no CB or anything. Maybe this whole thing actually is a true lottery. Already got my packet prepared, so I guess I'll just go in and hope for the best. Seems like it really is just a question of having your financials in order at this stage? Any tips GREATLY appreciated. This really would be a miracle.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:53 PM

12 posts, read 19,377 times
Signed lease and I'm moving in next month.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:06 AM

71 posts, read 118,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhigh View Post
knightofcoins37 to be totally honest I am very surprised! no CB or anything. Maybe this whole thing actually is a true lottery. Already got my packet prepared, so I guess I'll just go in and hope for the best. Seems like it really is just a question of having your financials in order at this stage? Any tips GREATLY appreciated. This really would be a miracle.
Crwn,
Maybe you have CB preference and don't realize? Are you a municipal?

Old 03-28-2017, 10:17 AM

34 posts, read 62,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhigh View Post
It sounds like they've filled all of the preference apartments (50% of the units) and now they are reaching out to fill the other 50% ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery