Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2017, 08:46 AM

21 posts, read 89,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
Has anyone heard anything?
I had an intake interview this week, and the interviewer said that it'll be at least two months before I hear anything. I think they just did a large wave of intake interviews over the past two weeks. Not sure how that impacts others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 12:07 PM

125 posts, read 364,701 times
I called to follow up on a waitlist status and they said that as of now they are still working on putting the CB applicants into units and in about 2-3 months all non-CBs will find out if they will be able to get an apartment or not. She mentioned that the projection is that all 2-3 bedroom apartments except for the upper income tiers will be filled by the the time they reach everyone else.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:07 PM

87 posts, read 140,775 times
So I walked past this building today and saw that it had a garage on the Dean st side of the building. I don't recall seeing that listed when this building went up on the list or am I bugging out???

Old 04-24-2017, 05:43 PM

74 posts, read 131,676 times
I am still waiting to sign my affidavit. They keep asking for more clarifications and updated bank statements. Everyone is absolutely lovely I just want it to go to the city for review! It's been over a month since I was pulled from the waitlist and I keep thinking they'll run out of units by time I get to the city.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:11 PM

I haven't reached this point yet but what happens when your file goes to the city? Can HPD/HDC reject you even if the developer finds nothing wrong? After HPD/HDC approves, is the next step viewing an apartment and signing a lease?

Old 05-05-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy_perry View Post
I haven't reached this point yet but what happens when your file goes to the city? Can HPD/HDC reject you even if the developer finds nothing wrong? After HPD/HDC approves, is the next step viewing an apartment and signing a lease?
After you sign the papers for your file to go to the city for review you make an appointment to see the apartment. They showed me two and you I was able to pick which one I preferred. Yes HPD/HDC can still reject your application. The realtor said it doesn't happen often but can happen.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:17 PM

Thanks, that's good to know

Old 05-16-2017, 01:11 PM

12 posts, read 24,373 times
Default All band 4 1Brs and studios accounted for

Hey everyone,

Just got off the phone with MHANY. I got called to go to the open house to view available units this Friday. I was holding out for a Band 4 1Br and I was hoping you all might have some insight.

Looks like I am virtually guaranteed a Band 5 studio - which is something I am extremely uninterested in. $2137 for a 536 sq foot studio. Apparently they are having trouble filling them.

I was hoping for a 1 Br, and this is the info I have. There are 20 Band 4 1brs total. 8 of them are already filled. 7 more are in the process of being filled - that is to say, people are looking at them and will decide to take them or not. That leaves 5 more 1Brs unspoken for. Apparently those 5 are already slated for Log numbers, the highest of which is in the high 19000s.

My log is in the high 25000s - there are 5 Logs ahead of me. My question is, how likely is it that I can actually land one of these 1BRs at this time? Looks like I would need at least 5 people to drop out. There is a pool of 12 apartments and I am 18th in line. Is all hope lost?

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2017, 01:22 PM

532 posts, read 789,614 times
lol 60k logs
i'm glad i came to this site so i know which ones not to hold my breath for

Old 05-17-2017, 07:28 AM

HPD approved my application. It's a very surreal moment when MHANY calls and tells you that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery