Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 09:11 AM

19 posts, read 51,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnlover03 View Post
Principle Lewis in the thread on tips for 80/20 buildings that CB is more important than log numbers.

"Log numbers are completely meaningless!!!!
Don't worry if you applied for a development and end up with a high number. I've gotten called for numbers as low as in the 300's and as high as the 70,000's. My City point number was in the 60,000's. So don't be discouraged if you get high number. Not only have I found the number selection to be totally random but..."

My Carlton number is 40xxx but I have CB preference.
This gives us with CB and high log a little hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,384 times
Hi, I just checked my number, I live in the community board preference and am number 6,0xx, is that a decent number? I have no idea. Thanks for the help!

Old 10-07-2016, 10:26 AM

91 posts, read 136,701 times
Hello All,

Chiming in since I'm a regular on Dean log forum.

My log number is low 17,XXX.

I've got CB 2 preference.
I haven't decided whether I care at all about Carlton yet, since all my energy and thoughts focus on landing 461 Dean. lol.

If I have to care because somehow Dean doesn't work out, then I will.

Even still, 17,XXX is pretty high. I know there are lots of apts, but, I'm not holding my breath for this one.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:57 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,033,921 times
Well my log number is 41,2xx ...with no preferences, I can strike another one off the list. Just as well as the rent is quite high for me.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:00 AM

246 posts, read 485,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ725 View Post
Hello All,

Chiming in since I'm a regular on Dean log forum.

My log number is low 17,XXX.

I've got CB 2 preference.
I haven't decided whether I care at all about Carlton yet, since all my energy and thoughts focus on landing 461 Dean. lol.

If I have to care because somehow Dean doesn't work out, then I will.

Even still, 17,XXX is pretty high. I know there are lots of apts, but, I'm not holding my breath for this one.
mine is 2X,XXX with CB 3 But I feel the same way you do. 461 Dean all the way lol

Old 10-07-2016, 12:48 PM

193 posts, read 282,398 times
27k. I'm just about ready to give up on the housing lotteries and see what I can find on the open market. I do have municipal employee preference,but it only counts for 5%, so it won't offset a high log number. I did get 19xx for the Morris Avenue Apartments in the Bronx; I'm not sure if anyone has been called for it yet, but maybe they'll contact me once they get through the CB preferences

Old 10-07-2016, 01:10 PM

I regret not moving earlier when the 461 dean lottery came out, I now live in CB 8 and lived in the BX when I applied—got a 4,7xx log and felt as if I had the preference I would've been contacted unless I'm just assuming that? I'm praying, they maybe not done with the Preferences first.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:25 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,693 times
Why don't you contact them and tell them you've moved, and tell them you now live in CB8? Just call, or walk in. If you give your log number and proof of your new address (a lease or a ConEd bill should do it) they should be able to pull up your file and change your address.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:06 PM

21 posts, read 89,563 times
I also moved after I applied to 461 Dean, and I contacted them to let them know I now was in a CB preference area. They said it was too late to alter any part of my application, and the best they could do would be to alter my application based on the new info if I were denied. That said, now I have CB preference for 535 Carlton so better than nothing!

Old 10-07-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormparade View Post
I also moved after I applied to 461 Dean, and I contacted them to let them know I now was in a CB preference area. They said it was too late to alter any part of my application, and the best they could do would be to alter my application based on the new info if I were denied. That said, now I have CB preference for 535 Carlton so better than nothing!
I meant to quote you to ask what number should I call if you don't mind me asking? It's worth a shot that they hold your new address just in case for consideration, good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery