Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2018, 07:37 AM

87 posts, read 91,134 times

Advertisements

hey guys. for those of us already moved in, how's the noise? unfortunately my walls are pretty thin and I can hear it when the apartment above me opens their blinds every morning. =/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 09:44 AM

8 posts, read 9,965 times
HPD already has my paperwork. I called the number and was verbally told. HPD process is faster than the rest of the process correct? Its just been two weeks already since HPD has had my paperwork. My lease is up July 27. Just would love to know my fate? I got approved completely by BG. HPD has my paperwork. I am wondering how long until I sign my lease and can move in is my question to the ones that have gone through the process? Once HPD has your paperwork?

Old 06-22-2018, 07:00 AM

79 posts, read 94,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JahzeTV View Post
HPD already has my paperwork. I called the number and was verbally told. HPD process is faster than the rest of the process correct? Its just been two weeks already since HPD has had my paperwork. My lease is up July 27. Just would love to know my fate? I got approved completely by BG. HPD has my paperwork. I am wondering how long until I sign my lease and can move in is my question to the ones that have gone through the process? Once HPD has your paperwork?
It really does vary, but in my experience and the experience of others in this thread, HPD really does move the fastest in this process. I think it took HPD two or three weeks to approve my file. The thing is that you would think BG would contact you to tell you when your file is approved by HPD, but usually they don't do that unless you call/email to ask. Once your file is approved you do have to go in to sign one more paper with BG again certifying your income and household composition. It's one page and just confirmation of information you provided previously. You have to sign that just before or after you sign your lease and lately BG has been calling people for that purpose.

Anyway, short answer: Figure it's about two or three weeks for HPD approval, then maybe another two or three weeks before the landlord calls you to sign the lease. BUT again, that is just a guess, it really does vary. Still, there is a chance you'll make it through the process before your lease is up. All you can do is call or email BG to ask them if your file has been approved by HPD, then you just have to wait to hear from the landlord.

If you don't get approved before your lease is up, you'll just have to stall your current landlord in terms of signing a renewal lease.

Best of luck to you !

Last edited by copperdreams; 06-22-2018 at 08:16 AM..

Old 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM

87 posts, read 91,134 times
The moment you get approval from hpd, contact JDS. Tell them your lease is up and you’d like to move in ASAP. That’s what I did and they were responsive, really nice, and made sure I moved in before my lease was up. After I already moved in I was getting emails from building management to schedule my move in date, so JDS definitely helped push things along.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:15 AM

8 posts, read 9,965 times
Can you tell me who JDS is ? and how I can contact them? Please and Thank you so so much

Old 06-25-2018, 11:58 AM

91 posts, read 101,908 times
question for all of you that already moved in, If you a receiving at TV for shipment do you have to request the freight elevator or can it be processed as a regular delivery, would a shipping company be needed?

Old 06-25-2018, 02:16 PM

86 posts, read 103,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itssha3 View Post
question for all of you that already moved in, If you a receiving at TV for shipment do you have to request the freight elevator or can it be processed as a regular delivery, would a shipping company be needed?
no, you don't need it. You can put the TV package on the hotel cart. Everything can be fitted in the cart, you don't need shipping company.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:16 PM

56 posts, read 61,688 times
How is everyone's day so far. I'm loving my place. Yes. The walls are paper thin but maybe we need rugs? I hear blinds being opened as well. People can probably hear mines. I make sure to open mine at a reasonable time though. Itsha congrats! Everyone is so nice. I love it. So refreshing!

Old 06-27-2018, 10:54 AM

26 posts, read 22,543 times
Is anyone currently living in a 2 bedroom? If so can you describe how it looks. I was selected for a 2 bedroom and now I’m waiting for BG to get back to me. I submitted all my paperwork. I called a few times to follow up however no one answers. The lady told me during the interview that the process should take a month. Although it hasnt been a month yet I’m dying inside. Any information about the building will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:55 AM

17 posts, read 15,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsuaso View Post
Is anyone currently living in a 2 bedroom? If so can you describe how it looks. I was selected for a 2 bedroom and now I’m waiting for BG to get back to me. I submitted all my paperwork. I called a few times to follow up however no one answers. The lady told me during the interview that the process should take a month. Although it hasnt been a month yet I’m dying inside. Any information about the building will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What is you log# if you don't mind me asking.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery