Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 11:29 AM

86 posts, read 104,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channies View Post
Did you get your move in from Ikea? I am thinking of just buying a table from Ikea and then having my moving company bring the items to the place since it's already set up with COI...But then I have my couch coming from a different place
i am not sure that XPO (IKEA moving company) will help you that. I have the same issue before, and I called some moving company. They offered me $300 to $500 from queens to building for just sofa. The COI is expensive. So I decide to buy the new sofa from IKEA with bed and other stuffs. And ask IKEA to handle that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 12:14 PM

56 posts, read 61,905 times
Since the XPO for Ikea said they only do estimates on delivery because the dates are not a guarantee...(basically they just deliver when they deliver) ...and with the building time slot restrictions, I may have to just rent a uhaul to deliver the stuff to where I am at now. Then have the moving company deliver them to the place.

Contemplating on whether I have the energy to play bob the builder or Order Bobs and have the builder build. By the time Bobs come with a COI.... I think I'm better off buying an air mattress today. Just to be on the safe side. LOL

Old 05-29-2018, 12:47 PM

42 posts, read 48,404 times
Yeah i got my Ikea stuff, I wouldn't recommend using their delivery company they give u a 4 hour window frame of when the stuff will be delivered. Of course they delivered in in the last half hour.
Have yet to set up my stuff will be doing that tonight i hope all the pieces are in the boxes.

Yeah its annoying you need professional movers esp if things are coming from multiple places.

I still have yet to get a couch I am thinking of ordering one offline but have to research if the website provides COI

Old 05-31-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesssrocks View Post
Yeah i got my Ikea stuff, I wouldn't recommend using their delivery company they give u a 4 hour window frame of when the stuff will be delivered. Of course they delivered in in the last half hour.
Have yet to set up my stuff will be doing that tonight i hope all the pieces are in the boxes.

Yeah its annoying you need professional movers esp if things are coming from multiple places.

I still have yet to get a couch I am thinking of ordering one offline but have to research if the website provides COI
They called you to schedule the delivery time before the date they delivery, right? I schedule the delivery date is this Saturday, but still not get any call from them.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:21 AM

Yeah you will get a call tomorrow, they call the day before the scheduled delivery date.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:02 AM

87 posts, read 91,507 times
hey guys! so i'm typing this while sitting in my apartment! finally got internet! it's so crazy that so many of us are actually living here. we need a mixer or something. it still feels surreal. like it's been a long time coming and so much stress. how's everyone liking it so far?

Old 05-31-2018, 12:28 PM

129 posts, read 134,361 times
Did you guys get spectrum or verizon? it definitely does feel surreal. I still cant believe it, btw i put in a maintenance request because none of the outlets in my living room work and someone came by yesterday when i wasn't home to supposedly fix it but they still don't work. Also the hot water isn't really HOT water to me.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:26 PM

I got spectrum its cheaper! found an internet deal for $50 for the 1st year, but i dont watch cable so I guess it depends on if u need cable/internet or just internet.

Maybe call mgmt directly to get in touch with maintenance so they can fix it while your there it might have something to do with the circut breaker panel thing in the closet.

I agree the hot water doesn't get as hot as I'm use to like i can take a whole shower on hot fully on and not be like "ohh this is getting too hot" lol but whatever I'm happy to have my own place long as it isn't cold water lol

My toddler loves the apt and building and looking at the helicopters and boats go bye lol

Old 05-31-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I got spectrum its cheaper! found an internet deal for $50 for the 1st year, but i dont watch cable so I guess it depends on if u need cable/internet or just internet.

Maybe call mgmt directly to get in touch with maintenance so they can fix it while your there it might have something to do with the circut breaker panel thing in the closet.

I agree the hot water doesn't get as hot as I'm use to like i can take a whole shower on hot fully on and not be like "ohh this is getting too hot" lol but whatever I'm happy to have my own place long as it isn't cold water lol

My toddler loves the apt and building and looking at the helicopters and boats go bye lol
Well, I order FIOS for $39.99 for 100/100. Well plus $2.49 fee... But Spectrum will go up to $64.99 on second year.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:01 PM

129 posts, read 134,361 times
Quote:

Yes I got the same and we get 200/200 and you’re not obligated to keep it after a year either so you can switch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery