Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2018, 09:38 AM

60 posts, read 68,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperdreams View Post
Wait. But don't actually sign a new lease for a full term. I guess she was saying just return the lease with a note saying that you are moving, but don't actually SIGN it.

Also, I sent you a private message.
No no! She said when I sign my new lease (copper) to send back my current management form saying I’ll vacate and no longer want to say and I’ll be good to go.

I’m not sending back anything until I hear from developers lol will see how long it takes and how long I can hold out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 10:28 AM

79 posts, read 94,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by its.nelle View Post
No no! She said when I sign my new lease (copper) to send back my current management form saying I’ll vacate and no longer want to say and I’ll be good to go.

I’m not sending back anything until I hear from developers lol will see how long it takes and how long I can hold out.
Oh OK. So, don't worry about it. You'll be fine. I'm sure you'll be signing your Copper lease soon enough. Certainly before you current landlord could take any action against you, and it's not worth their time and effort to go through the trouble anyway.

Best of luck to you and everyone who is finally at the end of this process.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:50 AM

86 posts, read 104,724 times
Do you guys get any approval documents from HPD?

Old 04-27-2018, 10:59 AM

79 posts, read 94,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-james View Post
Do you guys get any approval documents from HPD?
No. HPD doesn't send you anything directly unless you were involved in an appeal. They will tell BG whether you have been approved or not. If you have been approved, you would think BG would call you to let you know, but they haven't been doing that. Instead BG just sends your file to the developer and then the developer will call you to sign a lease.

But, no, you don't get any approval documents from HPD.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:35 AM

Thanks for information. Now I am waiting BG or developer calling me.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:01 PM

How long does it usually take from HPD approval to developer calling? Couple days, weeks, or months?

Old 04-30-2018, 08:31 AM

129 posts, read 134,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-james View Post
How long does it usually take from HPD approval to developer calling? Couple days, weeks, or months?
There is really no time frame, for everyone its different.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:39 AM

91 posts, read 102,424 times
Anyone got any new updates? I’m having a difficult time connecting with BG. it’s been over a week since they received all of my updated documents.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itssha3 View Post
Anyone got any new updates? I’m having a difficult time connecting with BG. it’s been over a week since they received all of my updated documents.
You can try to call HPD to see if they receive your files.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:30 AM

91 posts, read 102,424 times
yeah I'll call again today, I called last week and they didn't have it as yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery