Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 09:41 AM

27 posts, read 45,193 times

Advertisements

We have a log number under 100, and still waiting for email for updated documents. However I see a pattern, the people who have been called I believe are waiting on a studio or 1 bedroom.. we are waiting on a 2 bedroom.. who knows really, we never lose hope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 09:46 AM

87 posts, read 91,144 times
hey all. wanted to give you an update for what i've been going through. it's been a heck of a week but it's all settled now and the lump in my chest is finally going away. so here's the story.

last week tuesday i signed papers to be sent to hpd. friday after 5pm i sent an email asking if they were sent, confirming that i was sending in more paperwork next week, and lastly asking if i were ELIGIBLE to switch to a one bed.

monday morning i didn't hear anything back to i gave bg a call and was told i got switched to a one bed. i was so excited!!! but then after asking a series of questions, was told that there are no guarantees and because cb is still being processed i might end up on a waitlist. he said they set aside one beds for cb and they have a few left over, but "anything can happen" and if there aren't enough one beds i could be reassigned to a studio, and if there are no more studios left at that point i would be waitlisted. i was paralyzed by the choice in front of me. on the one had getting a one bedroom would be a dream come true. on the other hand, if i got a call in three months saying i had to be reassigned and am now on a waitlist i would be crying myself to sleep.

after a series of phone calls and emails with bg and one call to hpd, i decided to keep the studio. but since they had already changed my file over i now had to come back, re-sign, and attach a notarized letter saying i only want a studio and not a one bed. i was pretty upset about this part because i never officially asked to be switched to a one bed. i just asked if i were eligible. i also felt uncomfortable writing that letter because it's not true. i want a one bed! i just don't want one while they are still sorting through cb and i could be reassigned to nothing at all.

anyway. i wrote a short letter explaining that i am choosing the studio now because of the circumstances but if anything should change in the future, and one beds were available without the chance of being waitlisted, i absolutely do want a one bed.

my guy at bg was still very nice and patient with me although i fear i made myself a nuisance by constantly asking him questions. which also upsets me because through this whole process i've never reached out to bg. i've just been quietly waiting. but he did let me know just because i signed for a studio now doesn't mean i won't ever get a chance for a one bed. he said if approved by hpd i could ask the building directly to put me on a waitlist for a one bed - just that that could take years. which honestly is fine. i don't need a one bed now. i'm young and single. i was just freaking out because i was thinking what if one day ten years from now i get married and have a kid and still haven't made it as an actor. then it would be me and my husband and my kid in a studio. that filled me with dread.

i think now that it's over i was being paranoid. he explained that they can't make any guarantees because then they would have a lawsuit on their hands. he did tell me over and over again that i basically have the same shot at a studio or one bed. but i was worried he just said that because he didn't want to redo the paperwork. hearing things like "we SHOULD have enough one beds for CB" just made me focus on the uncertainty of it all. he said a number of times "no guarantees" and "anything can happen." now i think he was telling me that i would have gotten the one bed and not been waitlisted but he's not allowed to say that outright.

all in all i've accepted my decision and just hope there's not a note on my file that says "this girl is a pain in the a**." and i do need to move asap. my lease is up in june and the rent is going up so i'm not staying. i'm staying with a friend until august and after that i have no plans. so since the studio is in the west tower and is definitely complete and the one bed was in the east and might still be under construction, i think this was the right choice. but man oh man, this week was STRESSFUL.

Last edited by hopefulartist; 04-13-2018 at 09:54 AM..

Old 04-13-2018, 10:08 AM

27 posts, read 45,193 times
Im glad you were able to work with breaking ground and solve this. It is definitely hard to swallow a discrepancy with them because you can miss one call and might not ever hear from them again. Im confused though, I thought CB preference applications were done, but with your issue im not so sure yet, maybe 1 bedrooms held for appeals from CB.. anyhow again who knows, hope and faith.. everything will work out..

Old 04-13-2018, 10:56 AM

4 posts, read 3,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itssha3 View Post
I think I'm going to send the updated documents instead of waiting around for who knows how long to get an email from BG.
Good luck! Keep us posted!

Old 04-13-2018, 11:39 AM

129 posts, read 133,841 times
Im praying that hpd starts accepting us ugh. Seeing the apartment made me want it more lol.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:10 PM

86 posts, read 103,879 times
I just visit today. What an amazing building!

Old 04-13-2018, 05:55 PM

44 posts, read 45,296 times
Congrats sd-james, which building? Studio or 1br?

Old 04-13-2018, 05:55 PM

91 posts, read 101,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mica85 View Post
We have a log number under 100, and still waiting for email for updated documents. However I see a pattern, the people who have been called I believe are waiting on a studio or 1 bedroom.. we are waiting on a 2 bedroom.. who knows really, we never lose hope!

I'm waiting for a 1 bedroom, I was already assigned one in the West Tower, so I know its complete just waiting on BG.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:00 PM

56 posts, read 61,700 times
Heck yes!!! I would love to see the amenities. If you can get the video to upload somewhere, possibly email? That would be cool.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:03 PM

56 posts, read 61,700 times
No Uknow don't feel like that. I have a high log number in the double K's. It really doesn't go by the lower log numbers it goes by the lucky list they have. They could have had a listing of a set people and you were on the list...so they are going down that list, assorting numbers possibly, but there are so many people who don't have updated docs, some who already signed leases elsewhere so there is definitely chance that they will call you. #Fingerscrossed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery