Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 12:31 PM

132 posts, read 121,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
Good afternoon!! Guys I was reading on another thread that some people actually has called HPD/HDC regarding the process and they were either able to know if it was still in process or was sent back to the management company but not if they approve or denied. Has anyone else heard of this? Does any one know the number of HDC? I know patience is key but I want to have that number on hand just in case. Any who hoping for approvals!!!

when you get the phone number please sent it to me lol. I'm just waiting for HDC to approve my application.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 12:41 PM

67 posts, read 71,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
I posted some pics a few pages back (Page 42 to be exact). For a one bedroom apartment by NYC standards, I think I got a pretty good deal!
My interview was February 17th.

I'm going in to sign my lease today.
Omg congrats ! The apartment is beautiful. I wanted Brooke Avenue so bad. Had my interview on november and just never heard back. In any case congrats again ! I drive by there everyday. I haven't seen anyone there. Are you one of the first ones?

Old 03-31-2017, 02:43 PM

351 posts, read 503,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
when you get the phone number please sent it to me lol. I'm just waiting for HDC to approve my application.
Ok I will let you know... lol

Old 03-31-2017, 02:47 PM

351 posts, read 503,012 times
Quote:
I posted some pics a few pages back (Page 42 to be exact). For a one bedroom apartment by NYC standards, I think I got a pretty good deal!
My interview was February 17th.

I'm going in to sign my lease today.
How did it go? When are you moving? yayyyy excited for you!!!

Old 03-31-2017, 04:24 PM

965 posts, read 1,115,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC8915 View Post
Omg congrats ! The apartment is beautiful. I wanted Brooke Avenue so bad. Had my interview on november and just never heard back. In any case congrats again ! I drive by there everyday. I haven't seen anyone there. Are you one of the first ones?
Thank you!
There's about 3 other people taking up the 2nd floor just going by the curtains being put up. No one is on the 1st or upper ones yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
How did it go? When are you moving? yayyyy excited for you!!!
Thank you! It went very well. I had to sign soooooo many lines, but it's well worth it. Took about an hour. They gave me my keys, and that was it. I'll "move in" once my bedroom set arrives, haha. I'm starting over. In the meantime, I'll be moving in little stuff, little by little. I'll do it tomorrow when it's a better day. Rain keeping me at bay.

All I can see for everyone else is don't give up hope, but also don't let the wait consume you. It's not often things move quickly, and if your process isn't going as fast as you'd like, think about this. You're still going through it. You've been one of hundreds of thousands of people that would give one of their lungs for this opportunity.

If you haven't gotten an "it's over" letter, keep hope alive! Honestly, I don't know why my file moved so quickly. I came prepared, and asked questions when needed. That's it.

The leasing agent told me he gets HUNDREDS of calls a day, and to email if I had any additional questions, which I did. I got a response within minutes. In general emails are answered within 24 hours. Calls can easily slip through, so just be patient. Hundreds of calls means it will take a while to get back to you.

On that note, it's Friday. Even though it's rainy, I hope you guys enjoy. And good luck to everyone else pending. Still waiting is much better than a final letter of rejection. From there, it's okay to cry.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:14 PM

274 posts, read 485,728 times
Quote:
Thank you!
There's about 3 other people taking up the 2nd floor just going by the curtains being put up. No one is on the 1st or upper ones yet.

Thank you! It went very well. I had to sign soooooo many lines, but it's well worth it. Took about an hour. They gave me my keys, and that was it. I'll "move in" once my bedroom set arrives, haha. I'm starting over. In the meantime, I'll be moving in little stuff, little by little. I'll do it tomorrow when it's a better day. Rain keeping me at bay.

All I can see for everyone else is don't give up hope, but also don't let the wait consume you. It's not often things move quickly, and if your process isn't going as fast as you'd like, think about this. You're still going through it. You've been one of hundreds of thousands of people that would give one of their lungs for this opportunity.

If you haven't gotten an "it's over" letter, keep hope alive! Honestly, I don't know why my file moved so quickly. I came prepared, and asked questions when needed. That's it.

The leasing agent told me he gets HUNDREDS of calls a day, and to email if I had any additional questions, which I did. I got a response within minutes. In general emails are answered within 24 hours. Calls can easily slip through, so just be patient. Hundreds of calls means it will take a while to get back to you.

On that note, it's Friday. Even though it's rainy, I hope you guys enjoy. And good luck to everyone else pending. Still waiting is much better than a final letter of rejection. From there, it's okay to cry.
Congrats!!!! Sunday might be your best day to move since it'll rain tomorrow as well...
Best of luck

Old 04-01-2017, 06:27 AM

Good morning �� everyone,

This waiting game have me so stress. Dios mío...

Old 04-01-2017, 07:00 AM

47 posts, read 43,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
Good morning �� everyone,

This waiting game have me so stress. Dios mío...
It's very stressful 😩

Old 04-01-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jylopez12 View Post
It's very stressful 😩
yeah it is. I hope I get a call next week

Old 04-01-2017, 12:51 PM

12 posts, read 10,565 times
same here i hate emailing wavecrest and asking on the status cuz its always the same thing...still in review in hpd. RadeonHD4250 has a good point. we just have to wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery