Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 07:08 PM

26 posts, read 31,078 times

Advertisements

Via email

Old 09-07-2017, 07:08 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,846,276 times
Maybe it is possible that they skipped over you because they already had enough people allocated to your household size and income level, but in the past 6 months people who they previously called have been disqualified or lost interest and so they contacted you now.

Also, it seems everyone else in the CB was contacted via mail back in February or March or April, so you're definitely a special case.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:09 PM

712 posts, read 772,148 times
As we know , no one has gotten to see an apt or given a lease. I can only answer for myself that I am seeking a one bedroom with CB preference. Log # 2XXX.

Mercedesfrankie > did you resubmit your paper work recently? When did they tell you that you were in compliance? What size unit are you getting and do you have a CB preference?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Maybe it is possible that they skipped over you because they already had enough people allocated to your household size and income level, but in the past 6 months people who they previously called have been disqualified or lost interest and so they contacted you now.

Also, it seems everyone else in the CB was contacted via mail back in February or March or April, so you're definitely a special case.
That would figure. I ALWAYS seem to be the "special case" in things. Hahahaha!

Appreciate the info here. It's been helpful to read all of this tonight.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceSingLoveLaugh View Post

You might want to ask them at the interview why they are only contacting you now when there are people with higher log numbers in the CB who were already accepted. You should ask them because you want to make sure that you do not get screwed over because you were processed late.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:13 PM

Another thought: maybe they are contacting you now because you did not meet the income requirements when they initially were contacting people, but you do now under the new income ranges revised for 2017?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:13 PM

275 posts, read 257,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceSingLoveLaugh View Post

I didn't get a letter either, just email, but it was back in February. I am 80% ami hoping for a 1br or studio. What about you?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:15 PM

No, I was clearly in the income requirements so I'm not sure about this. It really does make no sense? Maybe I somehow oddly got skipped?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
You might want to ask them at the interview why they are only contacting you now when there are people with higher log numbers in the CB who were already accepted. You should ask them because you want to make sure that you do not get screwed over because you were processed late.
I will ask them if I am able during the interview. This is bizarre. Everything about my application is a perfect fit so I have no idea why I got skipped?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Another thought: maybe they are contacting you now because you did not meet the income requirements when they initially were contacting people, but you do now under the new income ranges revised for 2017?
Apparently I've reached my limit for DMs for the day? Is there some way around this? Sorry, I'm new to this forum and don't know the ins and outs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery