Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 11:26 AM

274 posts, read 485,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedbeats View Post
I'm in an affordable 1BR unit after winning a lottery, I've been in the unit for a month an a half. My significant other and I have decided to marry and move in together. SO is moving from outside of the states, which means no social security number and no income until we've gotten through the legal processes.

Does anyone have any insight into how I can add a spouse to my household? I'm worried that there'd be some issue if I went about trying to add to my household size with the developer so early into the lease. Am I being too paranoid? I'm sure we could easily live together without the developer knowing.

Any advice is appreciated.

You have to wait a year and all documents have to be completed before he moves in. Of course, if he comes prior to this, it's up to you on if you're willing to take the risk of possibly being evicted. Choose wisely... Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 11:43 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
YAY! MORE people from out of state moving into subsidized housing with their girlfriends. what can go wrong? LOL @ the OP's screenname though. Precient.
You should note the OP actually pays makes rent for her lottery apt!

Old 12-12-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
I've lived in my lottery apartment for over 5 years and it's still in top shape. Grounds are well maintained and NOTHING like the projects. I know because I resided in the projects in my teen years just like you. It's all about respecting where you live and definitely not having such a bad outlook on the area. But I am glad you're happy that you're not in a lottery apartment although you're missing out on some of the best buildings NYC has to offer. Wish you all the best!
May I ask what type of lottery apt your in? Is it 80/20, Mitchel Llama, Low income ect?

Old 12-12-2016, 12:02 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
May I ask what type of lottery apt your in? Is it 80/20, Mitchel Llama, Low income ect?
FYI, its not Llama like the South American animal, it's Lama, after Alfred Lama.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-12-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I reside at Via Verde in the Bronx and I believe it's low income.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:27 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,365 times
Quote:
Via Verde? That's a beautiful building. Didn't know they had an affordable housing program for that building.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Via Verde? That's a beautiful building. Didn't know they had an affordable housing program for that building.
It sure is beautiful!!!!

Old 12-12-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Oh yes that is a great building. I think its low income as well as some co-op's, But I'm glad to hear people keep it nice.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
FYI, its not Llama like the South American animal, it's Lama, after Alfred Lama.
Ha I actually know this but for some reason I still spell it Llama.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:48 AM
e_D e_D started this thread

86 posts, read 81,782 times
Quote:
First off are you in a studio or 1 bedroom?
Studios are only for 1 person. 1 bedroom and accommodate 2 people.

I'd read over your lease very carefully.
And perhaps someone else can give some personal experience.
It's a 1BR. I've read the lease and it sounds like there are no specific rules against bringing an additional household member in, aside from a 10 day notice. Under the use and occupancy section of the lease:

Renter is obligated to advise Owner, in writing, if any additional occupant moves into the apartment within 10 days of the date such additional occupant moves into the apartment. The apartment may not be occupied by more than the number of occupants permitted by law.

I believe this covers me as long as I inform the landlord 10 days before or after my spouse has moved in, am I interpreting that correctly?

I'm worried that the Owner may want to raise rent or try some other **** that may end up in my being evicted. Does the wording in the lease protect me from any shady activity by the owner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery