Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 05:10 PM

5 posts, read 7,654 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to reach out to Brianna via phone but i can not seem to get through to her due to the voicemail inbox being full. I sent her an email with a date to schedule my interview but i am still waiting for a response. If i made 37k upon applying, but 3 months ago i decided to go part time and now only make about 19k, what do you think my chances of getting an apartment are? i also have about 16k in savings, and can always pick up shifts if i want more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 10:06 AM

186 posts, read 268,355 times
Any insight would be appreciated when they set up a unit viewing does that mean all your paper work has gone through
i have never gotten that far any advice would be welcomed thanks all this board has been a great resource
thank you

Old 09-14-2017, 10:44 AM

110 posts, read 176,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynDee View Post
Any insight would be appreciated when they set up a unit viewing does that mean all your paper work has gone through
i have never gotten that far any advice would be welcomed thanks all this board has been a great resource
thank you
This sounds like good news to me! After you view the unit, I assume they send your file to HPD for a final approval. Which building, 435 W 31?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:56 AM

58 posts, read 86,939 times
Quote:
thank you
I viewed my apt AFTER it was approved by the city. Congrats! After you view the apt and let BG that you like it, the building management will call you to sign lease.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:00 AM

387 posts, read 559,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
I viewed my apt AFTER it was approved by the city. Congrats! After you view the apt and let BG that you like it, the building management will call you to sign lease.
Im assuming you didnt ask if there were any other units you wanted to see?

Old 09-14-2017, 12:54 PM

58 posts, read 86,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Im assuming you didnt ask if there were any other units you wanted to see?
No I really loved the one I saw so didn't even think of asking to see another..

Old 09-14-2017, 01:12 PM

8 posts, read 15,461 times
Can anybody pm me Dereks email ?

Last I heard he had approved my file and it was on the way to complience but that was last week and I don't have his contact info.

Jayslee said he was gonna call me before the day ends and that was also last week...

Congrats to everyone that has gotten accepted btw

Old 09-14-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picuco View Post
Thank You ! How long did it take before you signed the lease ?
how long did they give you to move ?
are you in yet and happy ?

Congrats to you

i believe i signed all releases early in the process my papers where pretty much in order

ugh so nervous lol

Thanks

Old 09-14-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly36 View Post
This sounds like good news to me! After you view the unit, I assume they send your file to HPD for a final approval. Which building, 435 W 31?
im not sure the process exactly did you see your unit before it went to HPD ?
i think i signed all my releases early in the process when it went to compliance .

Old 09-14-2017, 01:38 PM

110 posts, read 176,905 times
Quote:
im not sure the process exactly did you see your unit before it went to HPD ?
i think i signed all my releases early in the process when it went to compliance .
I was just assuming that is the process... I appealed and am now waiting to hear back re my appeal.
From reading about people's experience, some people see the unit before signing other documents for HDC, others (like Picuco) see the unit after they are approved. Which building did they invite you for viewing, 435 w 31 str, to another building?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery