Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:43 PM

111 posts, read 227,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlch View Post
Oh no, I hate them, I was in a process with another building with them, awful experience
Really? They were nice when it was Common Grounds. Could you elaborate on what happened if you don't mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 12:47 PM

125 posts, read 364,567 times
Quote:
Oh no, I hate them, I was in a process with another building with them, awful experience
Really? What's so bad about them? I've had one interview with them and I found my interviewer to be very professional. The only bad thing I would say is that they are very bad with getting back to phone calls.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:04 PM

91 posts, read 178,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katy_perry View Post
Really? What's so bad about them? I've had one interview with them and I found my interviewer to be very professional. The only bad thing I would say is that they are very bad with getting back to phone calls.

Ive been in an interview 7 months ago they were really bad in responding to emails. They responded to my emails 30 days after it was sent.
One time they emailed me and asked me for a copy of my ID and I after 30 days they asked me again, I told them I already sent it and after 3 weeks they apologize that my emails went to spam.
They told me that I schedule for lease signing in Oct then Dec then Jan... Long story short, by the time they got their sh@& together the apartment was not available anymore...

I think they are overwhelmed with paperwork and I think that developer need to gives them less building to deal with

Old 02-08-2017, 10:01 AM

78 posts, read 234,477 times
Quote:
Ive been in an interview 7 months ago they were really bad in responding to emails. They responded to my emails 30 days after it was sent.
One time they emailed me and asked me for a copy of my ID and I after 30 days they asked me again, I told them I already sent it and after 3 weeks they apologize that my emails went to spam.
They told me that I schedule for lease signing in Oct then Dec then Jan... Long story short, by the time they got their sh@& together the apartment was not available anymore...

I think they are overwhelmed with paperwork and I think that developer need to gives them less building to deal with
OMG! That totally sucks. Did you ask why it took so long? That's not fair at all especially when you were given notice to sign your lease early in October.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:16 AM

91 posts, read 178,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat0303 View Post
OMG! That totally sucks. Did you ask why it took so long? That's not fair at all especially when you were given notice to sign your lease early in October.
The only thing they said we deal with hundreds of applicants, I do apologize for that.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:

I agree, they have wayyyy too many buildings to deal with at once. And the same thing pretty much happened to my mom and I, we were approved and we kept calling about our status and when to come in to view an apartment but by the time they got back to us the apartments were filled up and we were placed on the waitlist

Old 02-08-2017, 01:57 PM

30 posts, read 67,542 times
I hope it's not breaking ground, I just had a bad experience with them, I was called into 555 10th Ave. lottery, and I met all the criteria of income and credit score, however they have a new thing now where your annual income and debt ratio cannot be over 30% so I was denied, not sure if it's the buildings criteria or breaking ground, but they have made these housing lotteries is next to impossible to get into. You have to make a certain low income, with a great credit score, and now your income to debt ratio cannot exceed a certain percentage. Just want to give a heads up, Good luck to everyone on this housing lottery

Old 02-08-2017, 02:19 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,848,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evazdivaz View Post
I hope it's not breaking ground, I just had a bad experience with them, I was called into 555 10th Ave. lottery, and I met all the criteria of income and credit score, however they have a new thing now where your annual income and debt ratio cannot be over 30% so I was denied, not sure if it's the buildings criteria or breaking ground, but they have made these housing lotteries is next to impossible to get into. You have to make a certain low income, with a great credit score, and now your income to debt ratio cannot exceed a certain percentage. Just want to give a heads up, Good luck to everyone on this housing lottery
That's not a Breaking Ground thing, that is a city thing. See here: http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...n-Criteria.pdf

Old 02-08-2017, 03:01 PM

30 posts, read 67,542 times
Either way the whole experience sucked, I have been to other housing lottery interviews and the income to debt ratio was the first one that I have experienced. I know it's the city, They place ridiculous standards, that's why the homeless and housing problem is so terrible in the city, they make it next to impossible to get into these apartments even though you work, I have a family, and have decent credit, I don't know what else to do at this point, there are people who meet all criteria and still don't get in, And then placed on waiting lists, there has to be a better way. Honestly I think they pick and choose who they let into these buildings even meeting all the criteria.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evazdivaz View Post
They called me in to interview for EOS with a log of near 15k without CB. I thought it was a mistake and I asked them during the interview and they said it wasn't. If nearly 15k people are getting rejected for 50 something apartments that's a problem. Their standards are way too high compared to other places I've interviewed at. And that landlord form is annoying to fill out, especially if your landlord is corrupt and you don't have a good relationship with her because she's sneaky with charging more rent and you threatened to take her to cort
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery