Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 07:27 AM

30 posts, read 67,412 times

Advertisements

You never know! Keep hope alive! Maybe it won't be breaking ground. I think they will start calling people soon, the building is officially open and tax season is pretty much over almost, so fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 10:15 PM

99 posts, read 168,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
Hi ladygaga1,

I'm not complaining about Breaking Ground's service, they were pretty good about getting back to me, but what I didn't like was that they seemed to be lying about not getting my appeal letter. It is impossible that it took four weeks for them to get it. I also did not get attachment H-7, which according to the guidelines it was the letter I was suppose to get with the specific reason as to why my appeal was denied. I was not given a legitimate response.

Are you going through the screening process for 435w31 or 555ten?

At this point I'm not concerned about getting an apartment, I just want to make sure this does not happen to another person.

Water_Nintendo64,

I am sure everyone has had a different experience with them. An aunt of mine got an apartment at 543w43, and she didn't have any complaints. I jus think in my case the process was not handled properly. I'm very sorry about your father. Are you on the waiting list for VIA or are they going through the tenant selection process? Your number is pretty low and if you have any preferences, then you will surely get called.
Already gone through the first physical interview at their management office towards the end of the year. We're on the waiting list atm for 2bd and 3bd apartments (those two are all taken already). We signed up with no preferences, even though with the situation my dad is in, and thank you. The weird thing is we were told that apartments were still available prior to the interview, but about two to three weeks post interview we were told the ones that we qualified for are no longer available. As a result, we're being put on the wailing list until one becomes readily available. Hey, I don't mind waiting. We gotta follow the rules, but uh, some ppl here are saying they're corrupt, and others are saying they're overworked. So idk. I personally think they're over worked

Old 03-15-2017, 06:42 PM

91 posts, read 177,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water_Nintendo64 View Post
Already gone through the first physical interview at their management office towards the end of the year. We're on the waiting list atm for 2bd and 3bd apartments (those two are all taken already). We signed up with no preferences, even though with the situation my dad is in, and thank you. The weird thing is we were told that apartments were still available prior to the interview, but about two to three weeks post interview we were told the ones that we qualified for are no longer available. As a result, we're being put on the wailing list until one becomes readily available. Hey, I don't mind waiting. We gotta follow the rules, but uh, some ppl here are saying they're corrupt, and others are saying they're overworked. So idk. I personally think they're over worked
Nicely said, they are over worked . Ive been in a process at the same building interview as you, I told them in the interview that im interested in 2bd and if they consider giving me a 1bd they can withdraw my application. Ive been told in the interview that I do qualify for 2bd . Going on and on for months about paperwork, some they said it went to the spam folder and they found it after a month, some god knows what happened. every other month they sent me an email your move day is Oct, Nov, Dec Jan... , your file is with the leasing office, you file is with the compliance office blah blah , in Feb Ive got a phone call that I do not qualify for 2bd and only 1bd , a week after they told me yes you are qualify for 2bd BUT we do not have them anymore and Ive been put on the wait list ,
I filed a complain against them with the city, I dont think they should deal with housing development

Old 03-29-2017, 12:38 PM

125 posts, read 363,772 times
Contacted for intake interview

Old 03-29-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy_perry View Post
That's great! Congrats. Did they contact you by email or regular mail

Old 03-29-2017, 01:06 PM

22 posts, read 51,863 times
Quote:
Awesome! Congrats! Whats your log number & do you have CB pref?

Old 03-29-2017, 07:39 PM

95 posts, read 342,587 times
Quote:
That's great news!!! Good luck in the process. Please keep us posted.

Is the leasing agent Breaking Ground?

Old 03-30-2017, 07:39 AM

236 posts, read 446,075 times
Quote:
Congrats! What was your log #?

I haven't been contacted for this one and I live in Community board 4 with a log of 18XXX, lower than my log for another building i am going for.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:14 PM

125 posts, read 363,772 times
Thanks everyone No CB but my dad is in a preference group

7XXX

Yes, it's breaking ground and they contacted my parents by email

Old 03-30-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Thanks everyone No CB but my dad is in a preference group

7XXX

Yes, it's breaking ground and they contacted my parents by email
Good luck! Hope everything works out for you and your family 😊
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery