Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 10:47 AM

250 posts, read 379,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninaaa247 View Post
It went great idk why they giving you a hard time
They did the site inspection last week that's why you were able to do it. I called on the 5th and they said since it was a new building they had to make sure the building was ready for service and I had to create the address since it wasn't in their system. They're coming finally tomorrow. Thank god!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 02:52 PM

137 posts, read 194,401 times
Yes that's great , do I have good service in ur apt? My apt have ducky service I'm hoping the wifi will help

Old 07-24-2017, 02:54 PM

U*

Old 07-24-2017, 02:55 PM

Hopefully when we all settled down we can meet and laugh at our journey lol

Old 07-24-2017, 03:41 PM

250 posts, read 379,242 times
Quote:
I picked up a signal booster from sprint and they gave it to me for free. Perhaps you can do the same. And yes we all need to meet one day we were all so helpful towards each other.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:02 AM

21 posts, read 40,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki2016 View Post
Like my mom comes to see me from the other state for a couple weeks, can she lives with me for a couple weeks as a visitor...

Every building its different.
In my You need to notify the managment if someone is staying with you for more than 72 hours.
Noone can spend night at your apt when You are not home.
If someone reports You , you are gone.
The other rule is a visitor CANNOT stay in your house for MORE than 14 consecutive nights without approval.

Some of you may be thinking “Great, I’ll just have him/her stay out of my place once every 2 weeks and it will be all good.” WRONG!! The 2nd part of the rule states that a person CANNOT stay with you more than 21 nights total in any one year (12 month period, not calendar year).

So its better to read your lease or ask.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:42 PM

35 posts, read 43,031 times
Quote:

Old 07-25-2017, 04:37 PM

110 posts, read 160,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniag23 View Post
Every building its different.
In my You need to notify the managment if someone is staying with you for more than 72 hours.
Noone can spend night at your apt when You are not home.
If someone reports You , you are gone.
The other rule is a visitor CANNOT stay in your house for MORE than 14 consecutive nights without approval.

Some of you may be thinking “Great, I’ll just have him/her stay out of my place once every 2 weeks and it will be all good.” WRONG!! The 2nd part of the rule states that a person CANNOT stay with you more than 21 nights total in any one year (12 month period, not calendar year).

So its better to read your lease or ask.

Oh wow that's really deep. We don't have any of that. I think the more luxury buildings might have those rules implanted. It's a sticky situation. I hope no one in my building moves anyone not on the lease in but I also don't think it should be controlled if family comes over for the holiday or summer vacation.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:32 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,870,913 times
Some of you might have gotten the shaft... See the new legislation secretly out today. Hello, Waitlist (unless you are homeless)

Old 07-27-2017, 06:00 AM

21 posts, read 40,667 times
This apply to ALL affordable housing in NYC luxury or not.
I am sure you do have rules like that. Its taken out of the affordable housing rules and regulation section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFoster4789 View Post
Oh wow that's really deep. We don't have any of that. I think the more luxury buildings might have those rules implanted. It's a sticky situation. I hope no one in my building moves anyone not on the lease in but I also don't think it should be controlled if family comes over for the holiday or summer vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery