Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 06:25 AM

8 posts, read 4,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMiMi07 View Post
Hey just a question for someone anxious to get in the building. I was contacted in March for an apartment I went to the interview and was told I passed the background check , everything went through I filled out 100 Documents. Then I was told to wait on final approval from HDC I would receive an email.I was just wondering if anybody knew the next steps or could give me any information or how long does it take to HDC to approve I see some of you guys have moved in already congratulations any info would be helpful thank you.
You just have to wait on the approval it may take some time because the city moves slow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 06:30 AM

90 posts, read 57,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMiMi07 View Post
Hey just a question for someone anxious to get in the building. I was contacted in March for an apartment I went to the interview and was told I passed the background check , everything went through I filled out 100 Documents. Then I was told to wait on final approval from HDC I would receive an email.I was just wondering if anybody knew the next steps or could give me any information or how long does it take to HDC to approve I see some of you guys have moved in already congratulations any info would be helpful thank you.
Is all dependent. Some of us waited a month, some people took weeks. Maybe for ya will be faster. I been waiting to move since dic .and I believe last month is when people finally started moving in.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:30 AM

174 posts, read 106,443 times
My floor is pretty good for now. no complaints. question has anyone registered with con edison? I called and they said they cant find the address.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:45 AM

8 posts, read 4,722 times
It’s no con-ed they have their own light system and they will put your bill under your door so you can pay it

Old 05-14-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daja24 View Post
It’s no con-ed they have their own light system and they will put your bill under your door so you can pay it
oh really? awesome thanks for the info!!

Old 05-16-2018, 04:25 AM

144 posts, read 98,637 times
Good Morning everyone, quick update. I'm waiting for my lease signing date from my housing program. SMH. I can't even begin to tell yall the changes I've been put through in regards to all of this. Other than that, Valerie and the entire team have done an excellent job with all of their diligent work. Any day now!

Old 05-16-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBlessed61 View Post
Good Morning everyone, quick update. I'm waiting for my lease signing date from my housing program. SMH. I can't even begin to tell yall the changes I've been put through in regards to all of this. Other than that, Valerie and the entire team have done an excellent job with all of their diligent work. Any day now!
Hey AB i was beggining to wonder where everyone was at lol okay atleast your almost there luv!!!! ❤️

Old 05-17-2018, 07:10 AM

34,094 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Thank you for the updates!

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-24-2018, 09:58 AM

144 posts, read 98,637 times
Update: Still waiting. Valerie explained to me the day I picked up my papers ( May 2) what her calendar looked like and asked if all parties could come to her office for lease signing and if not, could she be informed in advance of a date. Well because I've been making a lot of noise in regards to the "folks" handling of my voucher program, they gave Valerie less than 12 hours notice. SMH. Yep, that's the system for you.

I spoke with Valerie yesterday to apologize to her for the "craziness"! It was not the city but my CM and others who never received training in how to process my type of paperwork and kept it in their desk for almost 2 weeks. So, the city had to step in and expedite my process, issuing a date yesterday (05-23) for a lease signing date for today (05-24) that even I knew it was not going to happen. Ms. Valerie understood everything and reassured me I'd be signing my lease, no later than Wednesday next week.

She has to contact the owners so they can send someone with authorization to attend my lease signing, because she can't disrupt her schedule appointments.

So next week it is.

Last edited by AlwaysBlessed61; 05-24-2018 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Correction

Old 05-29-2018, 08:56 AM

15 posts, read 18,030 times
good morning,

Congratulations to everywhere who has signed a lease or moved in!!

I spoke with Valerie last week and was informed that my application was being sent to the city, but it could possibly take longer than usual as i am a city employee and need to go through the DOI before getting approved by the city.
she did say that there was apartment assigned to me and that i could view it possibly within the next 2 weeks.

I was assigned a 2 bedroom, could anyone be kind and post or even direct message a photo if they have any?
I could probably find this on the app or online somewhere, but was the deposit being made 2 months rent? or 1 month rent and security?
Does anyone have any knowledge of the area? I have lived in Brooklyn all my life and would like to have an idea of the neighborhood, transit and schools...

I would appreciate any help, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery