Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 03:41 PM

65 posts, read 81,850 times

Advertisements

Well then I assume you would turn down a place in Yorkville, the UES, and Chelsea because they are across from housing projects? Kinda like everyone else did? No wait...those are selling for multimillions across the street from housing projects. Hmm...I wonder whose advice I should take..the one who chooses not to pay $140K for a condo across the street from housing projects, or the ones who pay millions for the priviledge? And while you are busy saying "no thanks" others are buying and saying "thank you"...and ultimately once they are sold out, you will not even be able to afford the luxury of living here, next to housing projects. The irony!

This is life in NYC, which is why there are housing projects and the like next to multimillion condos. There just isn't enough space, so you have to build where you can...that's life. Good luck finding a place this affordable, brand new, this close to Manhattan, that ISNT close to housing projects, or the poor in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 06:44 PM

68 posts, read 148,434 times
WOW. That's terrible. But the Open Space is only open to Via Verde Residents NOT the general outside public. There are gates to enter the premises which require a FOB and will have security/Doormen. I hope this helps along with more Police Protection.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM

109 posts, read 206,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTownBX View Post
WOW. That's terrible. But the Open Space is only open to Via Verde Residents NOT the general outside public. There are gates to enter the premises which require a FOB and will have security/Doormen. I hope this helps along with more Police Protection.

I am a little confused about the public space and who it will be available to. In our offering plan it clearly outlines that the public space is for residents and their guest but in the entrance layout, the doormen for each respective entrance (coop and rental) will be sitting inside at their post to the right and left. If this is the case, how will there be control of who enters? I did not notice if there has been a gate added to the main entrance but I have seen the gate at the lowest entry point by the supers apartment.

Unfortunately there will be shootings anywhere in the city and the US for that matter. This is evident by the latest high school shooting in Ohio within a community of 51 hundred people and 30 miles from Cleveland. If you go by a shooting then you will not find anywhere acceptable. Don't get me wrong I have my concerns as well, especially walking home from the train in the evening once the stores close since the area is so desolate at night. The nearest precient is a few blocks away so that is reassuring.

I am excited though. I just need a restaurant or bar to open up on third ave. Something like Bruckner Bar and Grill <3<3<3 If I could get an investor I will write the business plan and execute

Take care neighbors!!!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:11 PM

42 posts, read 80,985 times
I always lived in a co-op all of my life. Growing up as a children and until I moved on my own. Both times, I lived near the projects. However, you just have be aware of your surroundings. But, Wow! A shooting in front of VV, that's really frightening. Definitely, I have to be careful.

Courtyard space: Is for the renters and shareholders. Access to the co-op and rental units go thru the doorman access door or thru the side door on the south side of the co-ops.

Last edited by MsTaz10451; 03-06-2012 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: mispelled word

Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,176,955 times

NRDC Trustee Jonathan Rose on Via Verde - January 18, 2012 - YouTube

I wish this development the best of luck. This may be a dramatic turn in events for low income inner city communities in the United States. The Bronx has the opportunity to go from one of the most polluted residential environments in the USA to one of the Greenest.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:18 AM

A Shift in the South Bronx - WSJ.com

Nice article. I think I should have been the buyer that was interviewed though, joking...sort of . I see the allure in having a non Bronx native talking about moving and buying in the Bronx. Whatever it takes to get the last units sold and me moving in.

Read the comments. I wish I had time in the day to set the first commentor straight..."I will wait to there is fresh bread" Really though? WTF do you think the Bronx is, a third world country? Better yet, where do you think your bread is baked at?!

@MsTaz- Did you end of getting your three bedroom? I think your last post says you weren't able to get a unit.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 PM

JBronxite: Yes. Going thru paperwork now.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTaz10451 View Post
JBronxite: Yes. Going thru paperwork now.

@MsTaz- That is awesome! Congrats! Can I hang out in your backyard and BBQ? lol sorry, I am kicking myself for giving up the two bedroom with two full bath, storage and backyard that I was originally holding. Buyers remorse has set in. This is my first purchase though and I snagged up a duplex still so I should be fine :-) Congrats again!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:43 PM

Wow. Yeah, you should kick urself. I would have taken that myself.

Backyard: It may not be enough room. I already have alot of invited guests. lol

Old 03-10-2012, 07:35 AM

21 posts, read 37,977 times
Congrats to all. Investing in your future and in your neighborhood tops all the chatter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery