Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 PM

109 posts, read 206,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalady10454 View Post
Hello everyone! I'm also a young Bronxite who is excited about my apppoinment this week. I was told what to bring in, including the $50 money order. My only concern is whether i'll like the walkup 2 bedroom apartment (which is all they have available now for sale). Does anyone know what they look like? It's hard for me to conceptualize a 'walkup' within the context of this huge complex. Also, were you shown your apartment, or a model apt before you submitted the non-refundable $50 fee?

I appreciate any info that anyone can provide.

Thanks!

Hi LalaLady, congrats on your interview. The floor plan for the walk up is on their current website, viaverdenyc.com . There are no actual pictures on the website of a model two bedroom, just the duplex but imagine that the floors, walls, bathroom, and appliances will be similar. I would imagine that the kitchen looks similar to the picture I posted a while back of the one in the leasing office. In regards to where the walk-ups are placed within this complex, the pictures that you see on the website of the courtyard display numerous staircases; one of those would be how you access your apartment. This is similar to two-family homes you see in the Bronx (or even many brownstones for that matter) where the ground level is one apt and one walks up the stairs to the other apartment.

I would imagine that they would let you see the apartment before handing them the $50 and all your documents. Just ask.

Best wishes on your interview!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 PM

June!?!? I really hope not. Everyone was telling me that this process would drag but I thought since there is so much press with the building that it should be on time.

@hogstooth- I initially had that concern, but in the purchase plan it outlines the breakdown of the monthly maintenance and what percent is paid by the coop, rental, and commercial space. Some of the things that eased my mind were that there is a fair amount dedicated in the reserve; it would take something truly catastrophic that would cause the fee to go up in the first three years especially considering that this is a brand new building. In addition, it is said that when consultants provide estimated cost for a new build, they tend to overestimate so hopefully this is indeed the case and whatever isn't used will also go into reserve.

@Seneca72- That is a great idea, I am going to see when is a good time to head over and spend some time in my unit as well. I haven't seen it since December and didn't spend too much time inside. Stray cat is not bad compared to a rat. Even if you lived in suburb you would have to deal with stray cats, racoons, skunks. Get some type of repellant and you guys will be ok. Since I am on a higher level I don't have the same problem with the windows. I was considering changing the roll down blinds to something nicer and more private.

@sewercrawler- I will definitely be active in the community. Unfortunately my work schedule doesn't allow me to be active in my CB now but I plan to make some changes. Thanks

Old 03-28-2012, 04:18 PM

42 posts, read 80,985 times
June? Wow! I was hoping mid-May.

Seneca72 - Stray cat?....well better than a rat!!!!

MrShavok - I was hoping that VV would provide some kind of screen. However, I would buy an opaque transparency strips. You probably can find them in Home Depot.

Renters: We should all move in the same time. ......However, if not, I hope they don't take all the municipal parking spots before the co-op owners get there. That will be a huge deal for me.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:39 AM

48 posts, read 138,967 times
MsTaz10451 I thought the same thing as that was my reaction when I first selected my unit, but if you notice the windows open from the top and slightly but that opaque strips sound like a good idea.

And I was told the co-op pep will more than likely move in around the same times as depending on your bank we will all close w/in days of each other. I'm sure you know there is a parking lot right across the street however I'm sure the fees are insane I'm just glad they have zip cars there lol

Old 04-05-2012, 04:40 PM

I am growing impatient.... sighs.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM

38 posts, read 59,915 times
I just had the interview for the rentals yesterday. They told me it can take up to 6weeks to get an response....

Old 04-06-2012, 09:18 AM

48 posts, read 138,967 times
I stopped by VV yesterday and I must admit I am excited about my decision...things are coming along w/the development. Ms. Eleanor explained the lengthy process and the renters will NOT be moving in first as the construction is still underway.

I was able to tour the roof and fruits and vegs are planted as well as the apple and peach trees are up. The fitness center view is AMAZING the entire roof top view...and the grass is finally down in the courtyard. And I was surprised that at 5pm it was so QUIET on the block - VV really feels like a little community. I was hoping to load a few pics I took but cant figure it out lol.

Happy Friday and have a great holiday folks

Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,420,223 times
Another article featuring the Via Verde:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/08/re...ref=realestate

Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 AM

140 posts, read 396,395 times
Does anyone know if cameras will be installed throughout inside/outside sections of the building?

Old 04-12-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcouncil View Post
Does anyone know if cameras will be installed throughout inside/outside sections of the building?
Yes, per the purchase agreement there will be cameras in the elevator landings, rooftops, outside the gym, the entrances, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery