Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 01:06 PM

140 posts, read 396,395 times

Advertisements

I was told to get the meter number from Via Verde but they keep telling me they are working on it and for me to call back.. This was just five minutes ago so it is definitely not fixed yet.. I move Friday as well and hope it is fixed by then.. I cannot move in without electricity.. My boys are scared of the dark.. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 PM

25 posts, read 43,386 times
I went today to do my walk-thru. Everything looks great! I don't think anyone has to worry about being in the dark- the electricity in my unit was on & working. Obviously, things will eventually have to go under my name, but I figure that if con-ed doesn't get things together soon to bill the right person, that's on them!

Old 05-24-2012, 10:43 AM

109 posts, read 206,113 times
Exciting times everyone! :-) Best Wishes to everyone in the middle of packing and moving. My walk through was rescheduled to tomorrow afternoon so I am glad that I may bump into some of you guys moving in.

My loan approval is about to expire so I have to go through the process of resubmitting as well.

704 is the mid-rise so since the office and model apartment has been based out of there for months now I can see why Con-Ed had that building in their system already.

Have a great day all

Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 AM

21 posts, read 37,977 times
Coopers. I don't chime in often as i feel it would not be appropriate. Although I do watch from a distance. I am pleased that both Coopers and Renters have joined this forum and look forward to everyone moving in and enjoying a wonderful summer in our new residences.

I've been involved with new hpd/hdc coops for w few years. The Sponsor is now in the process of scheduling a conversion date; which occurs when the Apartment Corporation actualy takes ownership of the property. After the conversion closings can commence with tenant-shareholders.

To successfully convert, the Sponsor initiates weekly calls (15 persons) with HPD, HDC, Construction lenders. A check list of requirements is created (typically 86 to-dos) and every week the list is updated as Sponsors and City Agencies check off completed items. These calls typically take 2 months before a conversion closing takes place.

Via Verde is probably a month + in the process.

As a few of you have had concerns about lack of updates, I figured this may be helpful.

There is no way possible the Sponsor would be able to update the future tenant-shareholders as this conversion process proceeds. We should know that they will try to complete the process before FY end (6/30/12).

Again, I look forward to closing. Also, please do not request any other specifics. I won't sign on again until closing.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:14 PM

My move was more than smooth and I actually got everything in my apartment in less than 45 minutes! Best part is now furnishing my place which is more than exciting! I took advantage of the collard greens and brocolli in the lobby and look forward to being a part of the community garden with my boys. All they keep saying is "how neautiful it is" and "this is all ours?" I cannot be happier! Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial weekend! Pics after I'm fully furnished.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:55 PM

68 posts, read 148,434 times
@BxHomey Thanks very much for the GREAT update info
@Icouncil So happy your move went quickly and smooth and look forward to the pictures
and meeting everyone in our Village...
Nothing like Patience during exciting anxious times. Like waiting to open a Christmas Present...EXCITING and Trying at the same time...LOL

Old 05-28-2012, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,606 times
Hello Guys, I am new to the forum I found it while researching for VV. I sent an application and was sent a letter for an interview for next month. Any renters in the forum ? I need advise on how the interview is ?

Old 05-28-2012, 02:11 PM

It's all about your finances during the interview. Have all your paperwork in orderand as long as you fit the imcome category your application will go to the next step..

Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
Hey do you know long its takes once they send your info out? Does anybody know where I find the floor plan for the studio? Thanks

Old 05-31-2012, 07:54 PM

9 posts, read 10,611 times
I've recently become interested in via verde initial thoughts were AWESOME building great price BUT its in the south bronx (i'm form the burbs in nj). I set my bias aside and put in my application and went to see the area. I wasn't bothered by the area at all, 3rd ave is a little "live" but immediate area around 156th and brook are very nice..

To make a long story short I'll receive the purchase plan (or whatever its called) this weekend.

I'm ALL TOO ANXIOUS TO WAIT so i have a few question for the coopers. Forgive me if these were answered early in the thread i've only read about 20 of the 31 pages :-P

1. are the public spaces open, (theater, roofdeck, etc)
2. is renting at any point an option (I don't plan to do so, but this is good to know)
3. are pets aloud (small dogs)
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT: what are the conditions for resale?

for #4 I've done some of my homework! I know that before year 30 50% of profits go to HPD AHC or whoever. I'm more concerned about Will we ever be able to sell at market rate? if so, when? are the price of the shares set at a percentage of market value forever? When we are ready to sell are we bought out by the coop or a person? if a person, will they need to meet the same income guidelines (i'm assuming so)?

THANKS IN ADVANCE I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery